New Expansion Promotes New Development
Why voyage to distant shores when there is treasure and plunder so near by? The gold of our vassals will decorate our palace, and piles of plunder from looted rivals will fund our improvements. It is said that true growth comes from within, that nothing lasting can be built on the ashes of war. We say that true growth can also come from the enemies you make along the way. Now, with Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan, you can harvest your foes for development and profit.
Available today, Leviathan is the latest expansion to Paradox’s celebrated historical grand strategy game, and the first developed by Paradox Tinto. Leviathan adds a number of new diplomatic and domestic options, with more opportunities for expanding and improving your nation’s position as it competes for power from the Renaissance to the Age of Revolution.
View the Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan Release Trailer HERE.
Features of Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan include:
- Improved Diplomacy: Cultivate relationships with your neighbors, curry favor so you can request gifts, military support and even provinces.
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
Leviathan is accompanied by a major free update available to all Europa Universalis IV players. The “Majapahit” update includes modifications to the maps of Southeast Asia and North America, with major gameplay changes for North American First Nations. It also adds Australian Aboriginal nations.
Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan is available at the Paradox Store and major online retailers for the suggested retail price of $19.99/£15.49/€19.99.