Source: Blue’s News
2×2 Games and Croteam announce Barbarossa, new DLC that will come to Steam on April 21st for Unity of Command II. As the title suggests, this is based on Operation Barbarossa, allowing owners of the World War II strategy sequel to recreate Germany’s ill-fated invasion of Soviet Russia. The DLC includes 23 scenarios, new maps, new units, new vehicles, and alternative outcomes that make it possible, if difficult, for Germany’s plan to succeed. Here’s the battle plan:
On 22 June 1941, a Sunday, Nazi Germany set in motion the largest invasion in the history of warfare — the attack on the Soviet Union, codenamed “Barbarossa”. By the time the four-year conflict on the Eastern Front is over, the world will have witnessed a war that’s unfathomable in scale and unparalleled in brutality.
In this DLC, you command Axis forces during Operation Barbarossa, from their summer of roaring victories to the painful halt at the gates of Moscow in the winter of 1941/42.
Key Features of the Barbarossa DLC
- 23-scenario historical campaign, with battles from the lakes of Karelia in the north to the Black Sea beaches in the south
- Limited, but still difficult to achieve, alternative historical outcomes, such as capturing Moscow in late 1941
- Detailed, zoomed-in maps for the hard-fought sieges of Odessa and Sevastopol
- 20+ new unit types including those from Italy, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Finland, and Spain.
- Beautiful new vehicle models including BT-7 and T-26 tanks, and the iconic ZIS-5 truck