Developed with the help of the Arma 3 community, all proceeds will go to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to help thousands of people affected by warfare worldwide.
Bohemia Interactive is pleased to announce the release of the Art of War charity DLC for Arma 3. The DLC is available on Steam and features a walk-in museum with art made by the community, as well as premium content for USD $1.99 to help raise funds for the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC). Those who wish to donate more can choose a higher price (USD $4.99 or USD $9.99), with all of Bohemia’s proceeds (after tax) donated directly to the ICRC.
Watch the Arma 3 Art of War – Charity Pack Trailer HERE.
To support the release of the Art of War DLC, the Arma 3 base game and all of its other premium downloadable content are currently on sale on Steam, with discounts ranging between 50-75%. This time-limited offer will end on March 1.
The Art of War DLC features an in-game art exhibition of community artwork under the theme “International Humanitarian Law in future conflict” which was submitted as part of Arma 3 Art of War contest. With Art of War, both organizations hope to raise a sizable monetary contribution to the ICRC’s humanitarian efforts as well as spread awareness about International Humanitarian Law. To help shine a light on the topic, the DLC’s premium package adds a special single-player combat scenario-focused around the topics of protecting cultural property in war zones and autonomous warfare.
Additionally, the premium DLC features new game assets such as a formal suit, a parade uniform, a new backpack, and various t-shirts, alongside several props related to art galleries and memorials. These items provide unique opportunities for Arma 3 roleplaying and user-generated content. The DLC release is complemented by a set of extra Arma 3 Steam Achievements for players to unlock.
Arma 3 Art of War DLC – Key Features
The purchase of the Arma 3 Art of War Charity Pack adds the following premium content in addition to the DLC free content which is available to all Arma 3 players.
- Showcase Cultural Property – Experience International Humanitarian Law in action and help protect a valuable work of art in a new single-player scenario.
- Formal Suit – Don several color combination outfits for the sharpest of dressers.
- Parade Uniform – Equip faction-specific dress wear for formal military occasions.
- Parade Cap – Wear matching faction-specific headgear.
- Civilian Backpack – Carry a range of sports and everyday backpacks.
- Showcase Art of War – Visit an exhibition on war and art, featuring impressive
- and award-winning community artwork.
- Art t-Shirts – Show off new casual-themed clothing featuring a variety of designs.
- Art Gallery Objects – Place frames and canvases in several shapes and sizes, set up your easel, or create your very own in-game dioramas.
- Memorial Objects – Use coffins, photo portraits, folded flags, and more to pay
- tribute to the fallen.
Bohemia Interactive and the ICRC have been collaborating on several projects such as the Arma Laws of War DLC and the Make Arma Not War modding contest. Sales of Arma 3 Laws of War also resulted in a donation of USD $176,667 by Bohemia Interactive to support the ICRC’s aid work.
“We value the longstanding partnership with Bohemia Interactive and the support from the larger gaming community in helping raise funds for the ICRC and convey the importance of international humanitarian law. Such a contribution will help us in our humanitarian work to aid people around the world suffering from conflicts,” said Marek Resich from the Resource Mobilization division at the ICRC.
For more information about Arma 3, please visit www.arma3.com.