The first massive mod for Close Combat: The Bloody First is now available.
It is called Veteran and it was developed by a well-known modder in the community, Nomada_Firefox.
He took upon himself the task of converting maps from Close Combat: the Longest Journey, as well as adding a lot more content. We were so impressed with it that we have worked to bring this content into the game as an optional addition you can directly download from the games client.
Nomada_Firefox’s Veteran mod main features include:
- New content that covers the whole of the Normandy landings.
- Adds British and Commonwealth forces as well as many new units for US and German forces
- Two new campaigns, one Allied and one Axis
- Dozens of new battles and operations
- 20 new maps converted from Close Combat The Longest Day
You can now download the Veteran mod directly from the game’s download system by doing the following:
1. Click the button ‘User Content’ which will appear on the game main screen next to the game title.
2. Select the ‘Veteran Normandy’ mod from the ‘User Content List’
3. Click ‘Download.’
Last but not least, Close Combat: The Bloody First is currently part of our Easter sale: If you don’t have it yet in your game library, you can acquire it at 30% off by entering the “happyeaster30″ coupon code. The offer is only valid on the Slitherine and Matrix Games stores.
Stop by the official Close Combat: The Bloody First webpage for more game information!