“Never do any enemy a small injury for they are like a snake which is half beaten and it will strike back the first chance it gets.” – Niccolò Machiavelli
Boots are pounding the ground for days. Dirty and grimy soldiers are marching in the ranks with the sergeants trying (mostly in vain) to keep them disciplined. Too many days have passed since the last plundered town and now food is starting to run out. The men are nervous. Suddenly a cry from the head of the column. Scouting cavalry have spotted enemy heavy pikemen formations supported by artillery.
It is time to spill some blood!
Pike and Shot: Campaigns is a brand new all-in-one package. It includes the Pike and Shot base game and the Tercio to Salvo expansion, plus 21 new skirmish army lists for the rest of Europe during the period of the Italian Wars (1494-1559) covering the armies of England, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden, German States, Austria, Hungary, Transylvania, the Ottoman Empire, Poland-Lithuania and Russia!
But the main new feature is the strategic map system, implemented to allow you to lead your armies to victory over an entire theatre of operations, taking into account strategic considerations such as terrain, available manpower, supply, attrition, sieges and economic damage.
Pike and Shot: Campaigns includes 4 campaigns:
- Gustavus Adolphus, set in the “Swedish phase” of the Thirty Years War, allows you to play as Swedes or Imperialists.
- English Civil War allows you to play as Royalists or Parliamentarians.
- Great Turkish War, set in the period of the famous Siege and Battle of Vienna in 1683, allows you to play as Austria and Poland or as the Ottoman Empire.
- Pike and Shot allows you to match any two armies from 1494 to 1648 in a struggle for dominance.
- With Pike and Shot: Campaigns the infamous Iron Century with all of its military innovations is depicted at its best!
If you already own Pike and Shot and Tercio to Salvo, prepare for a great promotion. The game launches on August 13th!
Get more information about the game from the official Product Page.