New Story-driven Real-Time Strategy Game With Stellar Cast Announced
Paradox Interactive today revealed that Ancient Space, a new story-driven real-time strategy (RTS) game from developer CreativeForge Games, will be coming to Windows and Mac PCs in Fall 2014.
Ancient Space is a single-player, real-time strategy title that puts the player in command of a fleet conducting a scientific mission on the edge of the known universe, charting what lies beyond in ‘The Black Zone.’ A rich and compelling story will guide the player as they build and upgrade their fleets and then survive overwhelming odds in deadly strategic missions.
See what awaits beyond the fringes in the Ancient Space announcement trailer.
Ancient Space mixes an engrossing single-player campaign story with time-honored RTS gameplay for a suspenseful experience. Mission objectives are many, varying from exploration to stealth, from assault to defense and more.
Ancient Space is host to a cast of characters voiced by fan-favorite actors from sci-fi television series and films, including:
- John Billingsley (Star Trek: Enterprise, True Blood)
- Aaron Douglas (Battlestar Galactica)
- Ron Glass (Firefly)
- Richard Gunn (Dark Angel)
- Dina Meyer (Starship Troopers, Star Trek: Nemesis, Saw)
- Dwight Schultz (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager)
Ancient Space Features:
- New Frontiers, Classic Gameplay: Build, maintain, upgrade, and strategically command a multitude of ships in tactical battles and missions, facing aliens, pirates, and the unknown
- An Explosive Space Opera: A compelling story, performed by a stellar cast, follows the player as the fleet tackles questions of humanity and science in an epic single-player campaign
- Live with Your Choices: Each mission advances the plot, and introduces new challenges to be met by choosing the right crew and the right upgrades for the job
For more information on Ancient Space, visit the games official website.