Today, Crusader Kings II Gets Its Biggest Expansion Yet
The medieval battle for the soul of Europe takes center stage in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury, the newest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s beloved grand strategy role-playing game. The almost infinite playground of dynastic politics in the Middle Ages takes on new drama with the addition of pagan warrior lodges, where you must constantly prove your mettle, and heroic bloodlines that add glamor and prestige to the descendants of history making characters.
Holy Fury is available now for $19.99 at the Paradox Store and major online retailers.
Holy Fury adds special new challenges for experience players by adding Shattered and Random World starts for the game. Begin playing in Shattered world where no one controls more than one county and prove how clever you are on an even playing field. Or start in a Random World that includes ahistoric kingdoms, empires and religions – a world that resembles our own, but is entirely fictional.
Other features in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury include:
- Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- Dynamic Pagan Reformations: Choose the tenets and organizing principles of your new religion.
- Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
- Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value
- Mass Baptism: Emulate Vladimir the Great and convert your pagan nation to Christianity or Islam, dragging your citizens and vassals to the altar with you.
- Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
As usual, Holy Fury is accompanied by a major update FREE to everyone who owns Crusader Kings II. This patch is especially significant since it includes an entirely new Crusade system, breathing new life into one of the game’s major themes.
Watch the official Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Release Trailer HERE.