Celebrated with a launch trailer, Bohemia Interactive today released the anticipated Jets DLC for its tactical military shooter game, Arma 3. The Jets DLC delivers three air-superiority jets, an Unmanned Aerial Combat Vehicle, a new Showcase scenario, and more. The package is complemented by a free Arma 3 platform update, which introduces massive content (literally!) in the form of an aircraft carrier, and implements various new gameplay features related to fixed-wing aircraft.
Arma 3 Jets DLC Key Features
- F/A-181 Black Wasp II: The F/A-181 Black Wasp II is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed primarily as an air-superiority fighter, but also has ground attack capabilities. Its additional external hard points enable the aircraft to carry a wide variety of weapons configurations. The Black Wasp is fitted with the required equipment for carrier operations.
- To-201 Shikra: The To-201 Shikra is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed by a CSAT and Russian joint syndicate with the goal to build a highly agile and maneuverable air-superiority fighter. Similar to the F/A-181, the To-201 also has ground attack capabilities, and is able to support various weapons configurations via its conventional pylons, but also its internal weapons bay.
- A-149 Gryphon: The A-149 Gryphon is a fourth-generation, single-seat, single-engine, and all-weather tactical fighter jet. The aircraft was designed as a multi-role platform at an affordable cost, and unlike some of the larger air-superiority jets, it can also perform well in low-altitude flight. Despite its aging platform, the A-149 has still been upgraded with the newest sensors and weapons systems.
- Sentinel: The Sentinel is a fifth-generation, state-of-the-art, twin-engine, all-weather tactical Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV). The Sentinel was designed primarily as a reconnaissance platform, but can also perform precision ground attacks. It typically operates from an aircraft carrier.
- Showcase Fighter Jets: Take to the skies above Altis and engage in air-to-air and air-to-ground combat in a brand new Showcase scenario.
The Jets DLC is supported by the 1.70 platform update, which features new content and features. This platform update is free for all owners of Arma 3. Its highlights include:
- Sensor Overhaul: A new radar interface for targeting guided weapons, powered by advanced Active Radar and Infrared sensor technology.
- Extended Hitpoints: The damage model of fixed-wing aircraft has been upgraded to the level of detail of other vehicle classes in Arma 3.
- Dynamic Vehicle Loadouts: Players can now customize their vehicle’s armament. In the case of jets, this means you can choose what kind of ordnance each pylon carries.
- Other Improvements: Various audio enhancements, tweaked controls, several new scripted solutions such as ejection seat emergency procedures, and more.
- Aircraft Carrier “USS Freedom” (CVN-83): A nuclear-powered aircraft supercarrier which can carry various aircraft, and supports catapult take-offs and tailhook landings. The aircraft carrier is a static in-game object that can be positioned across the map via the 3D Scenario Editor, but cannot be ‘driven’.
- Surface-to-Air Weapon Systems: The USS Freedom is outfitted with 3 autonomous defensive weapon systems: Praetorian 1C AAA, Mk-49 Spartan SAM, and Mk-21 Centurion SAM.
The Jets DLC is available for purchase on the Bohemia Store and Steam at € 9.99 / $ 11.99 / £ 8.99. To already enlist for all planned upcoming Arma 3 DLC, players can purchase the Arma 3 DLC Bundle 2 (€ 22.99 / $ 24.99 / £ 19.99), which saves more than 25% over purchasing the Jets, and upcoming “Orange” (working title), Tac-Ops, and Tanks DLC separately. For a complete overview of the Arma 3 Jets’ content and features, check out the official website at www.arma3.com/dlc/jets.