Scourge of War recreates the Battle of Waterloo 200 years after through Twitch
“The whole art of war consists in getting at what is on the other side of the hill” (Duke of Wellington – British commander and statesman)
In order to properly commemorate the bicentenary anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, Matrix Games is teaming up with developer NorbSoftDev to reproduce, live, the most dramatic moments of the final great encounter between Napoleon and his opponents. This spectacle will be delivered thanks to a live Twitch stream of Scourge of War: Waterloo, with historical scenarios being played at exactly the same time as events happened in June 18, 1815.
The official schedule of the event can now be revealed (time zone is CEST):
- 11:30 – Initial Attack on Hougoumont (30min)
- 12:00 – Attack on Pappelotte (30min)
- 12:30 – 2nd Attack on Hougoumont (60min)
- 13:30 – Count d’Erlon’s Attack on the Allied left (60min)
- 15:00 – Attack on La Haye Sainte (30min)
- 16:00 – Battle of Mt. St. Jean (30min)
- 17:00 – Defense Against Arriving Prussians (60min)
- 18:00 – Prussian Attack on Placenoit (60min)
- 19:45 – Defence against Napoleon’s Imperial Guard (45min)
So on June 18th, 11.30 (CEST) on the official Twitch channel of the Slitherine Group we will start to bring back to life Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher and the thousands of soldiers who shaped the destiny of Europe!
Additionally Iain Dickie – well-known expert on the Napoleonic era and specialist of the miniature wargames world – will accompany us all day long and share a host of historical details with the public to help us better understand the strategic and tactical aspects of the Battle of Waterloo.
Get more game information here.