Strategic Command American Civil War, will be available on June 30th, 2022 – Live Stream Preview on June 14th
For the first time in the series’ history, Strategic Command will be taking you to the 19th century battlefields of the American Civil War. In this turn-based strategy game, you will control the armies, research, production and diplomatic policy of either the Union or the Confederacy during a time of great innovation and dramatic battles. Your decisions will determine whether the United States leaves this conflict as one nation or two.
Out on June 30th – Wishlist now on Matrix Games
- 6 campaigns covering the Civil War from first shot to last:
- 1861 Blue and Gray
- 1861 Manassas to Appomattox
- 1862 Scott’s Great Snake
- 1862 Trent War (Alternate History: What if the UK recognized the Confederacy?)
- 1863 Lee Rides North
- 1864 Make Georgia Howl
- New unit types, including Balloons, Rangers, Monitors, River Gunboats and many more!
- New technologies, including Naval Engines, Ironclads, Skirmishers and the Field Telegraph.
- Riverine warfare is now possible, with waterways that can be navigated by 3 types of river vessel.
- Coastal and inland fortress defences play a much greater role in Civil War strategy, guarding many key ports and waterways. Built before the war, their locations are known to both sides.
- Deactivating Partisan scripts, historical event popups and the European intervention mechanic now requires only a single event to be disabled.
- Official mods have been included with the game, allowing players to choose between two brand new map styles and the “classic” style used in our previous games.
- PBEM++ and Hotseat Multiplayer
On June 14th there will be a stream preview on Slitherine Twitch Channel where we will have the chance to see the gameplay of Strategic Command: American Civil War for the first time, in addition we will be in connection with the developer who will give us many details about this new title.