Source: Blue’s News
The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics announce DCS: F-86F Sabre, saying the next installment in their combat flight simulation series will take off in July of this year. They offer this teaser video showing the how the seminal jet fighter will appear in the game. Here’s word:
The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics in cooperation with Belsimtek to release DCS: F-86F Sabre as a digital download in July 2014
The North American F-86F Sabre was the most capable western fighter of the early- to mid-1950s. This swept wing, single engine jet was the most important western aircraft of the Korean War and often tangled with Russian-made MiG-15s over the infamous “MiG Alley”. It was a hard struggle not only for the Korean sky, but also between two excellent aircraft builders of the East and West. In addition to its primary role as an air-to-air fighter, the Sabre could also carry bombs and air-to-ground rockets to attack ground targets.
The Belsimtek simulation of the Sabre is by far the most authentic recreation of this famous warbird to date. Feel what is to fly the Sabre with a professional level flight model, an interactive cockpit, fully functional weapons, a detailed damage model and a richly detailed aircraft. Experience the strengths and weaknesses of the Sabre in combat and find out why seasoned fighter pilots often look back at the Sabre as the most enjoyable aircraft they ever flew.
As part of DCS World, fly the F-86F Sabre in a fully realized combat environment with working weapon systems and capable air and ground threats.
Key Features of the DCS: F-86F Sabre:
- Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it’s like to fly this legend
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
- Fully modelled weapon system
- Accurate F-86F Sabre model, squadron markings, and weapons.
- Detailed modelling of the F-86F Sabre instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Battle the MiG-15, the Sabre’s nemesis