European Air War
Interactive Links Page
MicroProse's European Air War is a World War II air combat simulation that got off to a shaky start in 1998. When first released most gamers felt it was unplayable. After two patches from MicroProse, however, this title started to take hold; but it wasn't until the end-user community started tweaking the game that it took off like wildfire.
In an era when new simulation titles have a playable life measured in weeks or months, European Air War still has a large and devoted following some three years after its release. Without a doubt, this title's continued success is largely due to the unbelievable commitment, organization, and resourcefulness of a core group of end-users who have continued to work on and improve this classic sim.
- Articles (reserved for COMBATSIM Articles)
- 3D Models
- Joystick Config
- Voice Config
- Virtual Squadrons
- WWII Resources
- 1998-11-01: Cold Steel - Aircraft Review by Jim "Twitch" Tittle
- 1998-11-12: EAW Review by Thomas "AV8R" Spann
- 1998-11-22: EAW Review by Jim "Twitch" Tittle
- 1998-12-10: Flight Model Review by Tom "KC" Basham
- 1999-01-11: EAW Patch 1.1 Review Leonard "Viking1" Hjalmarson
- 1999-02-02: EAW Add-on Review courtesy EAWOnline
- 1999-04-20: Tactics - Coming Back Alive by Jim "Twitch" Tittle
- 1999-04-26: Tactics - Intercepting B-17s by Jerry Boucher
- 1999-06-01: Tactics - Luftwaffe Vets Flight School courtesy MicroProse
- 1999-06-25: EAW and PC Peripherals by Leonard "Viking1" Hjalmarson
- 1999-07-06: EAW Patch 1.2 Review by Leonard "Viking1" Hjalmarson
- 2000-03-31: MarkShots STK/EAW Air combat training by Mark Kratzer
- Military History Articles Index Related Articles at COMBATSIM.COM
- EAW Patch Add-on Guide A "Must Read". Make it your first stop!
- EAW Patch Version 1.2 Improves multiplayer lag and warping problems
- Enemy Coast Ahead 1.4
- Enemy Coast Ahead 1.4 Update
- Gun Patch Not compatible with Enemy Coast Ahead
- "Main Body Sighted" The battles at Midway Island 3rd-6th June 1942
- 1942: Turning Point Campaign
- B-17 91st BG
- B-17 and Bf109G6
- B-17G, 367th Squadron, 306th Bomb Group
- B-24 Silver, 8th AF, 93rd BG
- B-24D of 466th BG
- B-24D, 389 BG
- B-26C Marauder
- B-26C-45 Marauder Of the I/22 Groupe de Bombardement
- Battle of Britain - 1940
- Bf-109-E Hans Philipp 1940
- Bf-109-E Spanish
- Bf-109-E Standard
- Bf-109-E w/o Yellow nose
- Bf-109-E4 Battle of Britain
- Bf-109-E4 JG Richthofen
- Bf-109-E4 JG Schlageter
- Bf-109-E4 Yellow Nose
- Bf-109-G1 Knoke
- Bf-109-G6 Erich Hartmann
- Bf-109-G6 Staff JG 54
- Five Skins: P-38h, P-38j, Bf-109k, P51-D, Spit XIV
- Focke Wulf
- Focke Wulf - Grey
- Fw-190-A3 JG 2 Richthofen
- Fw-190-A4 Yellow Jacket
- Fw-190-A8 - JG 301
- Fw-190A JG 26
- Fw-190A JG 3
- Fw-190D JG 301
- Fw-190D Sqn Unknown
- Hawker Typhoon, 175 Sqn
- He-112 Jens modified version of Musgroves skin
- Hurricane Jens modified version of Musgroves Hurri
- Hurricane 242 Sqn Douglas Bader
- Me-109-G6 JG11
- Me-109F Tropical H-J. Marseilles Me109F-4/Trop Yellow 14 of JG-27
- Me-109G JG27 "Kanonenboote"
- Me-109K JG 53
- Me-110 zg/26
- Me-262 Nowotny2 Colors work with TNT
- Me-262 ver. 1 Includes correct snap view
- Me-262 ver. 2
- P-38 77 FG James Morris
- P-38J D-Day 479th FG
- P-47 D-20 "Knobby" Of Lt Gabriel Greenwood, 511th FS/405th FG, Picauville, France, June 1944.
- P-47 D-28 "F4-Z" Of Unknown Pilot, 492nd FS, 48th FG, Deux Jumeaux, August 1944.
- P-51 325th FG "Checker Tail"
- P-51 Detroit Miss
- P-51B 361st FG, 8th AF
- P-51B Hun Hunter - 354th Squadron
- P-51D Metallic-blue upper fuselage with yellow nose
- P-51D "Big Beautiful Doll," 78th FG
- P-51D "Black Crow"
- P-51D "Hurry Home Honey" Cpt. R. Peterson, 357 FG.
- P-51D "Shangri La"
- P-51D Commander 15th FG
- P-51D Dooleybird. British.
- P-51D Early Model
- Spitfire Mk. IA 602 "Q" Sqn.
- Spitfire Mk. IA 603rd Peter Pease
- Spitfire Mk. IIA, Tangmere
- Spitfire Mk. IX Based on H.F. Mk. VI No. 616 Sqn.
- Spitfire Mk. IX Clostermann, French, 1943
- Spitfire Mk. IX-C
- Spitfire Mk. IX-C Canadian Johnny Johnson, 144 Wing
- Spitfire Mk. IX-C-LF Low altitude version
- Spitfire Mk. V, RAAF, No. 54 Sqn
- Spitfire Mk. VB-Lf North Africa
- Stuka Ju-87B
- Tempest V Invasion Stripes and Felix the Cat
- Tempest V Clostermann, 1945
- Typhoon "Shark" with Invasion stripes
- Fw-190D Cockpit and Views
- Instrument Collection 1
- P-47C Cockpit
- Six Cockpit Interiors Instruments are now readable: for Spitfire Ia, IX and XIV, Mustang P51B and D, Hurricane
- CFS Terrain for EAW Microsoft CFS Terrain for EAW!
- Enhanced Terrains (website)
- Winter Terrain
- MeatWater Rolling Thunder v1.0 (site)
- MeatWater SoundPack 2.0 (site)
- MeatWater SoundPack 2.0 LE (site)
- MeatWater SoundPack Update v2.5 (site)
- Barracks Music American, British, and German (Cords Site)
- Radio Free EAW Specializing In the tunes of the Big Band Years of WWII
- Aircraft Edit v1.00 GUI for editing flight models, engine, guns, and more.
- Campaign Mover v1.5 by Mane_Raptor
- EAW Control 2000 GUI for editing .ini file settings. Requires v1.2 Patch
- EAW Control Panel v1.6
- EAW Pilot GUI Editor
- ECA Control Panel v2.0
- Flight Model Manager v1.01 GUI Flight Model - See Readme for details
- Frontline Mover v2.5 by Mane Raptor
- Pic Pac Texture Utility Create custom skins, terrains, and cockpits
- Skin Manager
- Skins-n-More v1.0a Skin management utility. Very trick!
- The EAW Combat Set-up Page Designed by Jim "Goshawk" Herring for ladder play on the 714th VFTS EAW Ladder!
- 666th RedSkulls EAW Allied Squadron (main page at http://www.666th.com )
- 78th Virtual Fighter Group A virtual squadron based on the 78th Fighter Group of the 8th Air Force. Membership is open.
- EAW RNZAF Squadrons No.14 Sqn (PTO)and No.486 Sqn (ETO), open for all, experts or newbies
- JG300 Primarily an EAW Jagdgeschwader.
- -Es European Air War Skins n Stuff
- 666th Red Skulls Skins Page
- Aces Paint Shop II
- Airbuddhas: The Hangar
- Bandits EAW Page
- Bilkos EAW Headquarters
- Burys EAW and Fw190D-9 Page Various D-9 and D-13 skins and Performance data on the Dora 9
- Capitán Manducas EAW Workshop
- COMBATSIM.COM site
- COMBATSIM.COMs EAW Forum
- Cords EAW Page
- Dolfos EAW Page
- ECA Online Homepage
- Favorite Flight Sim Stuff User Created Addons for Combat and Civilian Flight Sims
- Fly And Fight
- Hoovers Flugzeugwerke
- Jeroen van Soests Page
- JG5_Fastbikkels EAW Homepage A bunch of nice EAW screenshots taken in combat - as well as many links to virtual squadrons
- KoKos Isle
- Lentolaivue 34s Aerodrome (LLv34)
- Major Lees Aerodrome
- Meatwaters Site
- MicroProses EAW website
- Migges EAW Pages
- Mosis Flightsim-Page
- Musgroves EAW Annex
- PapaRomeos EAW Page
- Paul Wilsons Flight Sim Page
- Relents EAW Skins
- Sandbaggers EAW Links This site contains links-to-links for the EAW community.
- Serbs EAW Flightline A site dedicated to EAW, featuring skins of the Me 262, P-47 Jug, and other surprises!
- Viper-s EAW Gunsights
This page no longer accepts links.