March: 13 | 14| 15 | 16 | 17
Friday, March 17th, 2000
1511Z: SDOE Add-ons
1500Z: Fly! Updates at Patches-Scrolls
- There are several new aircraft and extra's for Fighter Squadron:SDOE. The newest feature is Nation's 1.0 which adds Japan, Italy, and the Soviet Union as countries - all with realistic squadrons and cockpit voice sounds. The rest are beta aircraft which are considered 'must-haves' for the SDOE fan.
- Click HERE to download Nations 1.0
- Click HERE to download the Russian l-16 (beta)
- Click HERE to download the German Ju-88G (beta)
- Click HERE to download the German Ju-88C6 (beta)
- Click HERE to download the British Manchester MkIA (BETA)
1430Z: Video Card Drivers from 3DFiles.com
- Click HERE to update to version 1.01.87 from 1.0 (27MB)
- Click HERE to update 1.01.86 to 1.01.87 (470K)
- Click HERE for the optional global elevation data (49MB)
1300Z: Gunship! Gone Gold
- Click HERE to download Stealth III S540 Xtreme Drivers
- Click HERE to download Stealth III S540 Drivers
- Click HERE to download Diamond Speedstar A200 Drivers
1200Z: MiG Alley Wingman Command & Control
- Microprose has reported to us that Gunship! is gold. The official release date for Gunship! has yet to be inked but expect to see copies on store shelves the end of this month.
1130Z: Vandamme's Rogue Spear Utilities
- The MiG Alley Wingman Command & Control Guide has been added to Hengist's Mig Alley Site. Several features include:
- A table giving a description of the commands.
- A brief scenario of how these commands would be typically used in either the Quick mission 'Fighter Bomber Strike - Pyongyang'
- There are two new utilities created for Rogue Spear. The first is a Arm Patch Kit which allows you to easily install arm patches into Rogue Spear. The second is the Character Creator. This program allows you to edit every optiond. It allows you to see all the in-game textures that you're going to use, and what they should look like so you can easily get the texture just right. Click HERE to download the Arm Patch Kit and HERE for the Character Creator.
Thursday, March 16th, 2000
1630Z: BattleZoneII Price in Australia
1622Z: Forums Updated
For our readers in Australia, we have a report that Activision Australia has announced Battlezone II will retail for AUS$49.95 when released instead of the usual $89.95 price tag. (Source: Army Newspaper)
1600Z: New ViperII and Voodoo3 3500TV Drivers
- We made several updates to our forums late last night. If you are experiencing any difficulties in our forums, please send us an email.
1500Z: Jane's Defence Weekly for 15 March
- Click HERE to download the new ViperII drivers from 3DFiles.com.
- Click HERE to download the new beta Voodoo3 3500TV Win2000 drivers from 3DFX.
- Greece signs up to buy at least 60 Typhoons
The Greek government confirmed last week that it is to buy 60 and possibly as many as 90 Eurofighter Typhoon fighter aircraft under a minimum DM10 billion ($5 billion) deal spearheaded by DaimlerChrysler Aerospace of Germany.
- US Navy favours UK warhead
The US Navy, backed by senior Department of Defense officials, is
expected to choose BAE Systems' Bomb Royal Ordnance Augmented Charge (BROACH) warhead as the unitary penetrator for the Raytheon AGM-154C Joint Standoff Weapon.
- USN looks to Advanced Hawkeye for AEW needs
Northrop Grumman is developing the Advanced Hawkeye, the next generation of the long-serving E-2 platform, to perform airborne early warning (AEW) and other missions for the US Navy (USN) beyond 2008-2010.
- US forces in Kosovo to test light radios
Raytheon Systems has unveiled a new EPLRS-Lite portable transceiver designed to provide Tactical Internet integration and Future Battle Command Brigade and Below data access to light infantry, airborne, air assault and aviation units.
- New Joint STARS for USAF as upgrades get under way
The US Air Force (USAF) has received its latest production-model Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (Joint STARS) aircraft as its
existing fleet of airborne ground surveillance aircraft undergo upgrades, including a new radar, engines, crew workstations and improved connectivity with other platforms.
- London seeks guidance on Paveway bomb update
The UK Ministry of Defence has asked Raytheon to provide data on a satellite-guidance update for the Royal Air Force's stock of Paveway II laser-guided bombs.
- Interest in Friendship could revive Fokker line
Forward Aircraft of Amsterdam is in advanced negotiations to equip the Royal Netherlands Air Force with three Friendship 50 surveillance and
reconnaissance aircraft, and could be poised to revive production of the Fokker-developed design for further military customers.
- Finland finishes self-propelled artillery trials
The Finnish Army has completed extensive winter trials of three systems competing to meet its requirement for a 155mm self-propelled artillery system. A decision could be announced in July.
- China boosts its budget yet again
China's official 2000 defence budget has been set at Y120.5 billion ($14.6 billion), up 12.7% and the 12th consecutive year of double-digit growth.
- Tor-M1s help pay debt to Beijing
Russian is to deliver 13 Antey Tor-M1 (NATO codename: SA-15
'Gauntlet') low- to medium-altitude self-propelled surface-to-air missiles to China next month as partial repayment for Moscow's debt to Beijing.
- Israeli ministers split over peace deal with Syria
Israeli ministers are taking sides in a dispute between Prime Minister Ehud Barak and military intelligence over the feasibility of signing a peace treaty with the ailing Syrian President Hafez Assad.
Wednesday, March 15th, 2000
1617Z: Titus / DI's Super Hornet Conetst
1500Z: X-Plane 5.23
- This is just a reminder to enter in our Titus and DI's Superhorne contest where you could win an Air Combat USA Fighter Lead-in Training Program and $1,000 spending cash! Total value of the Grand Prize is $2,395 US! Click HERE to enter.
1430Z: New Savage4 Drivers
- The latest version of X-Plane has been released. X-Plane is a highly rated civilian flight simulator for the PC. Click HERE to download from 3DFiles.com. (40Mb)
1400Z: GOT NEWS?
- Diamond has posted new drivers for the Savage4 chipsets. Click HERE to download from 3DFiles.com. (2Mb)
- Your virtual squadron sponsoring a Combat Simulation LAN party? Got a new web site? A scoop on a game that no one else has? We are always looking for news to post here at COMBATSIM.COM. Whether it's fan or industry releated, drop us a line and tell us what's happening. Click HERE to send us your news.
Tuesday, March 14th, 2000
1523Z: Warship Database Project (WDP) Updated
1440Z: SDOE Historic Night Survey
- WDP V4.9 is available for download for Jane's Fleet Command. This latest update revamps all aspects of ASW and submarine combat. Submarines are now much more dangerous with vastly improved combat logic. ASW for aircraft and ships has also been greatly improved. New Mk67 SLMM and Mk60 CAPTOR mines have been added. Revised contact mines have also been updated. Minesweepers are now able to hunt down an destroy mines. Click HERE for more info.
1400Z: Matrix Games Acquires Games from Kamikaze
- A survey has been posted by a forum member at FighterSquadron.com that polls interest on-line realistic night time fly-in. Pilots would assume actual pilot roles of a WWII air battle against Axis and Allied teams using SDOE. Click HERE to view the survey.
Monday, March 13th, 2000
1455Z: Counter-Strike Beta 6 Released
1400Z: Diamond ViperII Drivers
- The guys over at COUNTER-STRIKE.NET have released the highly anticipated Beta6 update for Counter-Strike - a Halflife mod. Click HERE to download the update or the full version (21Mb & 43.5Mb). They also have released the Linux Counter-Strike server software for those wanting to run their own CS servers.
- Diamond has released new drivers for their ViperII video card. Click HERE to download.
- There is a new web site that contains a dynamic listing of on-line fan sites for combat simulation squadrons. Click HERE to view.
March: 13 | 14| 15 | 16 | 17
COMBATSIM.COM DAILY NEWS
| Send Us News | Archives | Main |
Copyright © 1997 - 2000 COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.