Herr Leeman, dont be chicken just about anything you can plug into EAW you can easily unplug. That is if you do it in an orderly fashion, I have so much stuff in mine that it's all jumbled up. Allright what I'd suggest is making a seperate folder for your addons, don't directly unzip things into the EAW directory. That way you can see what you have, mine just were reorganized this past week and I have seperate folders for skins, terrain, sounds, editors, campaigns, etc. Make sure you copy paste them into the EAW directory not drag and drop unless they're in a seperate directory structure or you could move things, later overwrite the same file name and lose the original downloads. I did this by keeping all my downloads on my desktop download folder and then have EAW on my D: drive, that way it doesn't remove the data from the original folder.
Alright as far as must haves:
1) Patch 1.2 if you don't already have it.
2) Meatwater Soundpack: This adds greatly to the sounds in the game. The first one needed is the 2.0 version, which can then be patched up to the 2.5 version. I have mixed and matched Meatwater with -E's sounds on my system, and some from other places that I'll have to look. Basically if you look through links in the Forum you'll find links to whatever sort of sounds find your fancy, but Meatwater's are the base for my sound set.
3) ECA and ECA Panel 1.4: These are IMHO must haves. It allows you to fly 94 varients of the planes and unlocks some normally unflyable ones.
4) ECA Online: If you play a lot on the Zone then I'd reccomend getting this. It changes the flight models for online play and makes it easier to use the data file matching before launching online. Usually when I play online I fly with a bunch of guys that all have the same 1.4 ECA set so I don't use it much but it's nice.
5) Terrain: There are nice terrain files that can be downloaded from the EAW downloads section here at combatsim.com, also C. Lumpkin's site which is in the links somewhere, has the autumn and winter terrain. Migge's skin site also has the MS Combat Simulator terrain coversion for EAW that JayP did, it's exteremely nice. Also the EAW Online site at eawonline.telefragged.com has a nice Beta terrain version. Also at that site are very nice gunsights that replace the standard one, a EAW Control Pannel that makes editing the .ini file much easier and most of the other addons that I can think of also have links or the files themself there.
6) Roger Wilco: If you plan on flying online then this is a must. Allows voice communications over the net while playing. It's at rogerwilco.com and is freeware.
A week or 2 back someone put up a whole thread of EAW related links on the forum here. That should have most of the links to things I forgot the addresses for. But definately at the minimum get the soundpacks, ECA 1.4 and the Combat Simulator terrain. It looks like a while new sim. Hope that helps.
"Der Horrido...Der Horrido..."
[This message has been edited by Schatten (edited 11-18-1999).]