my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » Regarding trolls...

Author Topic: Regarding trolls...
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 03-19-2003 12:51 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't feed 'em. Trust me to deal appropriately, guys.

--------------------

4013+

Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 03-19-2003 01:01 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm trying.

It helps to realize that posts not coming from the "Old Guard" (excuse the term) are of no importance to me. I can even avoid so much as peeking into a thread begun by "outsiders" without much trouble.

I think it is a good idea to corral these threads into one so they don't dominate thread titles. Especially considering that they are just repititions of eachother.

--------------------

"What we do in life, echoes in Eternity"

"Strength and Honour"

"At my signal, unleash Hell"

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 03-19-2003 01:14 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok I lied, it is alot of trouble and I did peek.

I could double my typing speed in an emergency.

I'd luv to tell that guy to go FETCH.

--------------------

"Strength and Honour"

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 03-19-2003 01:22 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While he's on this soapbox he can rant all he likes, he thinks he's baiting me. When he switches targets though, I AM the lawnmower!

A little power does wonders for your inner peace; You should try it!

--------------------

4013+

Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 03-19-2003 01:26 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stag is spooky good.

I was sitting there mulling a response to Fletch's sheep thing, said inwardly, Nah,
and clicked back to the RR. Pop, a PM is right there waiting for me! LOL!

--------------------

-=Spectre=-
1800+ posts, prior to Meltdown 20 Oct 02
If at 1st you don't succeed, call in an Air Strike!

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banger
Member # 5631

posted 03-19-2003 01:36 PM     Profile for Banger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep. You da man, Staggers!

After all, if a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there for it to hit ... I mean ... oh, bother, I always screw up that cliche, anyway.

--------------------

February 1, 2003
Keep reaching ...

Posts: 1077 | From: Idora Ave. | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 03-19-2003 02:00 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having fun yet stag?

--------------------

"Strength and Honour"

Stag
Member # 9549

posted 03-19-2003 02:07 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just trying to keep things right, Mr. S, Just trying to keep things right.

But as a matter of fact, yes I think I am.

--------------------

4013+

Donster
Member # 196

posted 03-19-2003 02:08 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you sure I can't feed Fetch a 36 oz. Louiville Slugger across the chops? Pretty please?

Your doin fine Stag. My problem is an itchy typing finger...

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 03-19-2003 06:15 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just restrained myself on that thread. You're doing a great job stag.

I learned my lesson about how divisive this issue can become.

And we are a band of brothers, aren't we?

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gonzo.
Member # 9435

posted 03-19-2003 08:29 PM     Profile for Gonzo.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are doing well staggers!

Difficult to me, ignoring trolls. I used to hacking an' burning them, but that was on my old runequest rpg days.

btw Stag, we need to begin a party with this bunch of gits.

Posts: 450 | From: Huatusco, Ver. México | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Quiet Man
Member # 2180

posted 03-20-2003 10:19 AM     Profile for The Quiet Man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Staggers!

I've no problem with the way you're handling things. Newer users will either learn the system, or float off to spots more of their liking.

TQM

My, we're sounding awful elitist, aren't we

--------------------

"En boca cerrada, no entran moscas".

Posts: 2165 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 03-20-2003 10:41 AM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Private mails, and this pay forum mean I can talk directly to people before a thread turns nasty. We can all see the problem.

In this case, If we ignore it, maybe the problem WILL go away.

--------------------

4013+

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.