my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » Zhuk, Canuck, Lady Z, Bismarck and tazfoster...

Author Topic: Zhuk, Canuck, Lady Z, Bismarck and tazfoster...
Donster
Member # 196

posted 03-03-2003 11:05 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU??? Please stop by and post at the new thingmie! I miss you!

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 03-08-2003 09:12 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been six days since I asked. Is it my breath? Body oder? My good looks?
VHER ARE YOU???

--------------------

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gonzo.
Member # 9435

posted 03-18-2003 03:52 PM     Profile for Gonzo.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Z has been found and I have contact with Bismarck (PBEM SE4). Like Zhukie, B doesn´t agree with the way the forum is going about Iraq and decided not to show for a while - To be honest I myself don't like it a bit and takes a lot of self-control not to begin a flame war.

BTW Dons: wanna some arguments in pro France?. I can happily offer you some. I also have a cousin at France right now so You can have a first hand view of what they are thinking, She is pretty smart - and blond - so You will have some very good insight - and if You think I am bad, just wait to know her.

Posts: 450 | From: Huatusco, Ver. México | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 03-18-2003 04:06 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gonz, post what you like that is pro France.
I welcome the other point of view! I try to be open minded. Friends can discuss these issues and remain friends.

Now about that blonde cousin of yours...got any recent photos?

--------------------

Donster
Member # 196

posted 03-18-2003 04:08 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok so where is Canuck? He is still MIA. And Canada didn't send any troops to Iraq. So he must be lurking about somewhere!

--------------------

Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 03-18-2003 04:09 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Donster:
Ok so where is Canuck? He is still MIA. And Canada didn't send any troops to Iraq. So he must be lurking about somewhere!

Ya never know....

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 03-18-2003 04:12 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This just in...

Canuck has been sighted deep in Iraq as a Canadian advisor to the Special Forces. The film from this photo was smuggled back in a box of recycled beer can empties. Note the beard and long hair...

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 03-18-2003 05:37 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo.:
Well Z has been found and I have contact with Bismarck (PBEM SE4). Like Zhukie, B doesn´t agree with the way the forum is going about Iraq and decided not to show for a while - To be honest I myself don't like it a bit and takes a lot of self-control not to begin a flame war.

BTW Dons: wanna some arguments in pro France?. I can happily offer you some. I also have a cousin at France right now so You can have a first hand view of what they are thinking, She is pretty smart - and blond - so You will have some very good insight - and if You think I am bad, just wait to know her.

If you do, kindly use the thread provided.
Thank you for your co-operation, Citizen.

--------------------

4013+

Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 03-18-2003 06:34 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo.:
Well Z has been found and I have contact with Bismarck (PBEM SE4).

Gonzo,

When you guys do SE4 PBEM, do you turn off tactical combat?

Z

--------------------

Gonzo.
Member # 9435

posted 03-19-2003 01:34 AM     Profile for Gonzo.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zhukov:

Gonzo,

When you guys do SE4 PBEM, do you turn off tactical combat?

Z

Yes Zhukie, we do. A hell to get used to that. In single player I never used it and was very comfortable with my tactics... well, no more. Off course that´s the only way to play it. Another problem is that I am still learning the game.
The good news are this piece of information gathered by my intelligence service:

quote:

About the Author

Jim Cobb has been playing board wargames since 1961 and computer wargames since 1982. He has been writing incessantly since 1993 to keep his mind off the drivel he deals with as a bureaucrat. He has published in Wargamers Monthly, Computer Gaming World, Computer Games Magazine, Computer Games Online, CombatSim and Gaming Chronicle. If you're looking for a PBEM patsy, contact Jim; he never wins.

PS
Would like to join us?. I just made a risky movement and the game could end very soon. I got other PBEM games we can play. I am a big fan of Battletech also.

Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 03-19-2003 07:23 AM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Would like to join us?. I just made a risky movement and the game could end very soon. I got other PBEM games we can play. I am a big fan of Battletech also.[/QB]

Well, I have a copy of SE4 Gold and it runs well under Linux (using Winex, a Windows emulator). The only thing that doesn't work right is tactical combat (the emulator doesn't like some mouse routine for moving the ships).

So, if you guys *aren't* using tactical combat, then I'd like to join in for a game. Of course, I've only played about three turns in my entire life, so I'm an absolute n00b at it.

Z

--------------------

Gonzo.
Member # 9435

posted 03-19-2003 08:22 PM     Profile for Gonzo.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are using the plain version, I don´t have the gold one, but since you own the gold I see no problem to send You the original one.

Don´t worry about your lack of experience, I don´t have a lot myself and You always will end in front of Jim.

BTW check Galactic Civilizations, this game looks very promising.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.