my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » 3d for 1.00

Author Topic: 3d for 1.00
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 02-20-2003 03:37 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you have an NVIDIA card, the software is free. all you need is some red acitate, some blue acitate and a pair of scissors (A4 sheets, 50p each).

OFP looks awesome, though the fact that even the view through a scope has depth isn't very accurate.

But it's so damn pretty, it don't matter.

--------------------

4013+

tazfoster
Member # 9369

posted 02-21-2003 05:55 PM     Profile for tazfoster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whats this then Stag?
Posts: 301 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 02-21-2003 06:39 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Won't work for me as I don't have 20/20 vision and can't see 3D

--------------------

"Thingmies? We don't need no stinking Thingmies"

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 02-21-2003 07:41 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly wot it sez, Taz. If you have an NVIDIA card, there is a free download available from NVIDIA which splits the image into two, slightly offset, one tending towards red, the other towards blue. by putting a blue filter over one eye and a red filter over the other, it gives the image depth.

I knocked up a cheap set of 3d specs using acetate for lenses, and it works very well for OFP, though not so well for CFS2, and worse for CFS3.

The thing that lets the flght sims down is the virtual cockpits. in CFS2 you can have fixed or virtual, so it's not so bad. but CFS3 uses pure virtual; the result isn't that good.

If FS2002 uses fixed pits, then the results should be bloody good.

For obvious reasons, I'm unable to post an image to prove the point.

That's a bummer, Binky. Mind you, my eyesight isn't perfect either, and the resulting image is good.

May be worth a try for a quid.

--------------------

4013+

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.