my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » Joke for those of you who are parents...

Author Topic: Joke for those of you who are parents...
Lady Z
Member # 8459

posted 02-18-2003 10:39 PM     Profile for Lady Z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The boss of a big company needed to call one of his employees about an urgent problem with one of the main computers. He dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whispered "Hello?"

"Is your Daddy home?" he asked.
"Yes," whispered the small voice.
"May I talk with him?"
To the surprise of the boss, the small voice whispered, "No."
Wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?"
"Yes," came the answer.
"May I talk with her?"
Again, the small voice whispered, "No."

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked the child, "Is anybody else there?"
"Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman."

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"

"No, he's busy," whispered the child.
"Busy doing what?" asked the boss.
"Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the firemen," came the whispered answer.

Growing concerned and even worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?"
"A hello-copper" answered the quiet voice.
"What is going on there?" asked the boss, now alarmed.
In an awed whisper, the child answered, "The search team just landed the hello-copper."

Alarmed, concerned, and more than just a little frustrated, the boss asked, "What are they searching for?"

Still whispering, the young voice replied, along with a muffled giggle, "Me."

Posts: 1840 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 02-18-2003 11:33 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now there's one I hadn't heard before, nor did I see it coming. Thanks muchly for
sharing that one, Lady Z!

--------------------

-=Spectre=-
1800+ posts, prior to Meltdown 20 Oct 02
If at 1st you don't succeed, call in an Air Strike!

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-19-2003 07:04 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 02-19-2003 07:38 AM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And never a truer word spoken!

--------------------

4013+

Gunny
Member # 9155

posted 02-19-2003 08:25 AM     Profile for Gunny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LMAO!!!!!

The chiefs secratary had shared that one with me just after we found out Kim was expecting. Makes me want to attach that GPS device to my Jenna Rose to avoid just such emergencies.

--------------------

Takes a college boy to break it....

Posts: 395 | From: Somewhere in the Pacific | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Groucho
Member # 266

posted 02-19-2003 09:47 AM     Profile for Groucho     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gunny:
LMAO!!!!!

The chiefs secratary had shared that one with me just after we found out Kim was expecting. Makes me want to attach that GPS device to my Jenna Rose to avoid just such emergencies.

Take it from experience, Gunny, GPS won't work indoors...so I've attached a GPS and a Firefly rescue strobe to Logan's head. I've found THAT A good mil-spec duct tape like Polyken 222 works best.

--------------------

Bob "Groucho" Marks
"Si ego certiorem faciam...mihi tu delendus eris"
-Groom Lake (NV) Mission Patch, Project Unknown

Posts: 530 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Member # 9155

posted 02-19-2003 11:10 AM     Profile for Gunny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Groucho:
Take it from experience, Gunny, GPS won't work indoors...so I've attached a GPS and a Firefly rescue strobe to Logan's head. I've found THAT A good mil-spec duct tape like Polyken 222 works best.

Thanks for the tip Groucho.

--------------------

Takes a college boy to break it....

Posts: 395 | From: Somewhere in the Pacific | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Guy
Member # 1606

posted 02-19-2003 12:24 PM     Profile for Old Guy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Then again . . .

sometimes it's a good thing if you can't find them.

Lady Z,

Have you changed email addys? Or is the RCMP just intercepting all email again?

Jim

Posts: 1769 | From: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-19-2003 02:00 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My little girl turned 19 yesterday. Man do I feel old.

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lady Z
Member # 8459

posted 02-19-2003 08:29 PM     Profile for Lady Z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old Guy:
Lady Z,
Have you changed email addys? Or is the RCMP just intercepting all email again?

Nah, we were off to other parts of the globe and only now returned. Jetlag and all.

Posts: 1840 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.