my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » Sunday Poll

Author Topic: Sunday Poll
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-16-2003 07:07 AM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With mounting opposition to the war against Iraq, here is today's poll:

Should the U.S.-led coalition allow more time for weapons inspections in Iraq?

Yes?

No?

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 02-16-2003 07:50 AM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes

--------------------

"What we do in life, echoes in Eternity"

"Strength and Honour"

"At my signal, unleash Hell"

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Buster Brown
Member # 6559

posted 02-16-2003 12:02 PM     Profile for Buster Brown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Although I usually never get involved into political conversations, I say "Yes". What's it going to hurt? They aren't going to further advance their weapon readiness with the inspectors over there. If a few more months of inspections is what it takes to get the French, Germans, or whoever satisfied and on board with us, so be it. We don't need to go into this without full support of everyone.

--------------------

Eat more Possum :)

Posts: 883 | From: Hot Springs, Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
JClark_1
Member # 9528

posted 02-16-2003 12:08 PM     Profile for JClark_1     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Devils advocate: when might Saddam be ready to hand off weapons systems (that is a weapon that can be delivered and employed) to mischief making raghead SOBs? That is, if he hasn't already. Can we be sure that he is not assisting terrorists with Iraqi embassies, and diplomatic imunity?

Take him out, now...later just increases odds of bad things happening to us.

--------------------

Byron Audler,
moderator, HULL

Posts: 127 | From: Jacksonville, Fla. USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bismarck
Member # 6757

posted 02-16-2003 01:32 PM     Profile for Bismarck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes
Posts: 1432 | From: Madison, Wisconsin via Missouri | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 02-16-2003 02:34 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, but...

I say give em only 30 days. Then if the UN continues pussy footin' around, go get em ourselves.

Yesterday, I see that the Iraqi asshat Aziz, said already that Iraq won't destroy the missles in question from just this past week. Continuing proof that they are just screwing with the UN.

But I must admit, the Iraqi's have done one hell of a job manipulating public opinion, while the US government has totally bit the big one.

I return you now to our regularly scheduled forum...

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 02-16-2003 08:48 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You nailed it with the PR job, Donster. Millions demonstrations, geting all that fine,
thought provoking press coverage.

And my answer to the poll is No.

They've had more than enough time already...

--------------------

-=Spectre=-
1800+ posts, prior to Meltdown 20 Oct 02
If at 1st you don't succeed, call in an Air Strike!

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 02-17-2003 12:34 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree JClark, That is definitely a concern and possibility. However I feel that the probability is very low given inspections and security.

My yes was more of a not no, for a whole host of reasons. I had actually spent a half hour typing an answer, but I had filled a page in Word before I even got to my 1st point, so I figured I'll spare everyone and myself.

There's alot of reasons and risks for going and not going asap. We live in interesting times.

--------------------

"Strength and Honour"

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Member # 9155

posted 02-17-2003 02:43 PM     Profile for Gunny     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's Monsay, but what the hey.

No. What makes anybody think that more inspections will result in an dis-armed Iraq since Saddam IS and HAS been in direct violation of several Unsuccessful Nations resolutions.

--------------------

Takes a college boy to break it....

Posts: 395 | From: Somewhere in the Pacific | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 02-17-2003 03:21 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaaarrgghhh! Gunny almost got me into typing mode, but my fingers aren't up to it.

But to keep it short, there's no doubt in my mind that 1441 and other resolutions are broken and not worth the paper they were written on. I don't think many people seriously think this isn't so. Those that say otherwise are useing it as a shield to hide other motives or are confused and unable, or don't wish, to articulate what they really feel. To tell you the truth, I expected nothing different. But a line had to be drawn knowing full well it would be crossed.

The real issue is the consequences of crossing that line.

I'll stop now, or else I won't stop for an insufferable long time.

--------------------

"Strength and Honour"

Ed R
Member # 9540

posted 02-17-2003 03:55 PM     Profile for Ed R     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<rant on>
Why the hell not... we gave them 12 years to comply, modified and implemented 17 additional UN resolutions to ammend the existing agreement, why not give them a couple more months to figure out that Saddam is just buying time and making a mockery of the UN.

--------------------

"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country."
General Patton

Posts: 16 | From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.