my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » You know I said Nogova was big?

Author Topic: You know I said Nogova was big?
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 01-09-2003 06:42 AM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A_Lone_Wolf, OFP development guru, has produced an island TWICE the area. However, it requires 1.91beta to run, which I didn't really want to load. However...

Cover me, I'm going in. Recon photos to follow...

--------------------

4013+

Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 01-09-2003 10:30 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who was that masked man?

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
tazfoster
Member # 9369

posted 01-09-2003 02:42 PM     Profile for tazfoster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SSSHHH! Yow ein't sin' me. Roight.

Stag may supply a translation later.

Posts: 301 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stag
Member # 9549

posted 01-09-2003 05:20 PM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Er....

--------------------

4013+

Stag
Member # 9549

posted 01-10-2003 10:38 AM     Profile for Stag     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Believe it or not, its big enough to get lost flying an aircraft. engagements could almost be at realistic BVR. Oh, and I did me sumz rong; the area available is actually FOUR TIMES any of the previous islands:

But its a big empty desert. Fair enough, it just needs populating. This city I'm working on is actually on a SMALL peninsular with a bay nearby; a perfect natural harbour. the kinds of engagements possible can be more strategic, or how about FIBUA here?

a couple of shots of the area around the U.S. Embassy Compound:

This place is big enough for a BIG city, without it taking up too much of the available space, plus operations in the desert and highlands, not to mention small-scale Naval engagements!

Unbelieveable!

--------------------

4013+

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.