my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » General Discussion   » Ready Room   » Internet Seem Slow To You Today?

Author Topic: Internet Seem Slow To You Today?
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 07-02-2002 09:55 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've noticed that the Internet seemed kinda slow today. Then I heard that something like 58 percent of all Internet traffic goes through Worldcom.com hardware. Ohhhhhh, that would be scary if all that were true and scarier still if all that equipment suddenly started getting pulled offline.

Can anyone confirm / deny this rumour?

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 07-03-2002 04:42 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about percentages Duggers, but Worldcoms traffic is big. There was a discussion I missed on the BBC the other day about the exact scenario you're talking about.

Hmmm, I didn't really add anything worthy at all did I?!

--------------------

"Thingmies? We don't need no stinking Thingmies"

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 07-03-2002 06:25 AM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like this might be true..
http://www.washtimes.com/business/20020703-30793748.htm

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.