Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 5   » Sound Gurus, Please Help!

Author Topic: Sound Gurus, Please Help!
double_dwn
Member # 6425

posted 11-15-2000 02:46 PM     Profile for double_dwn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! All,
I have been doing alot of wav editing lately and I need some serious help with slotting my sounds into EAW. I have used the snd2raw and raw2snd programs but my sounds keep causing the game to crash. After I have put one of my sound files into the main EAW directory and attempt to start the game, I get the message, "Failed to alloc DS Buffer, snd0010.snd" What am I doing wrong?? I have looked through the EAw archives and found some good threads on this topic but I still can't seem to get things right. I appreciate any help that you can send my way. Thanks!
DD, Rgr Out

------------------
"Quit my job blowing leaves, telephone bills up my sleaves.
Choking like a one-man dustball.."
-------------------------

Posts: 427 | From: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
double_dwn
Member # 6425

posted 11-15-2000 08:50 PM     Profile for double_dwn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
self-serving bump...

------------------
"Quit my job blowing leaves, telephone bills up my sleaves.
Choking like a one-man dustball.."
-------------------------

Posts: 427 | From: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dave S
Member # 2117

posted 11-15-2000 09:26 PM     Profile for Dave S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Could be recorded in the wrong format... not sure what it's suppose to be, but I think I remember reading 22KHZ PCM??

Posts: 57 | From: Enid, OK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SkyBoss
Member # 1968

posted 11-16-2000 11:16 PM     Profile for SkyBoss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! Gents ..I thought that this was a good post to bump back to the front page..I am trying the same thing that double_dwn is doing with the snd files but we are stuck here .. So any thing you could give us would sure help ... Thanks...
SB....OUT....

Posts: 156 | From: Daytona Beach Fla. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 11-16-2000 11:23 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmmmm..

Try recording the sounds (or converting) to 44,000Hz, 16 bit, in wav format. Then rename the filename.wav to filename.snd

I *think* that is the way you do it.. Like with the barracks music..

*Disclaimer* I take no responsibility for any damages cause from the following of my advice

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.