my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Steel Beasts   » Designating targets in emergency mode

Author Topic: Designating targets in emergency mode
cuski
Member # 5563

posted 02-26-2001 04:31 PM     Profile for cuski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How can I designate targets as a TC when the gunner is in emergency mode? Both for Leo and M1?
Posts: 9 | From: New Westminster, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
James Sterrett
Member # 8431

posted 02-27-2001 02:03 PM     Profile for James Sterrett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Should be the same as in Normal mode - hold down P or the middle mouse button or joystick button 3.

If you are confusing Emergency with Manual (Manual is the worst-case situation): you can't designate in Manual mode.

Posts: 104 | From: Glen Mills, PA, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
cuski
Member # 5563

posted 03-12-2001 10:49 PM     Profile for cuski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AFAIK I cannot override the gunner in emergency mode at all, neither with Leo nor with M1... the only solution I found was to order the gunner to switch to normal, slew the gun, and then order him back to emergency mode.

Is there any other way?

Posts: 9 | From: New Westminster, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
James Sterrett
Member # 8431

posted 03-13-2001 11:18 PM     Profile for James Sterrett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's odd. It ought to work that way in the M-1 (I just checked, works for me.)

I did screw up, though: to designate targets in the Leo, you must use the periscope. Override the gunner in peri view, and the gunner ought to acquire the target - and you can't override in emergency mode with the peri.

cuski
Member # 5563

posted 03-16-2001 03:42 PM     Profile for cuski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, you're right, it works fine for the M1.

Nothing for the Leo, though - I wonder if it's a bug or if that's how it really works.

James Sterrett
Member # 8431

posted 03-17-2001 06:09 PM     Profile for James Sterrett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Poked through some back postings on the mailing list.

Yup, there's no override except via the periscope on the Leo, because, as yu suggest, that's they way it is...

Not clear if you ought to be able to override from the periscope in emergency or not.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.