my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Damaged FM question

Author Topic: Damaged FM question
Martinus Maximus
Member # 9310

posted 10-09-2001 06:12 PM     Profile for Martinus Maximus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it me or is ther a problem with the flight model when you are damaged?

No matter the part it, the aircraft flies like a brick.

Is there a solution? Other than un-installing...

Posts: 60 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Buster Brown
Member # 6559

posted 10-09-2001 10:37 PM     Profile for Buster Brown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MM,
That has been an all time gripe with this sim among other things. However, do not despair. There is a link I am going to give you with a lot of cool add ons and a fix for the damage. It is put out by Nibbio. There are quite a few handy gadgets here.

Nibbios CFS2 page

Hope this helps ya some.

--------------------

Eat more Possum :)

Posts: 883 | From: Hot Springs, Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 10-09-2001 11:11 PM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah Yes...The infamous roll-rate damage "bug". There was an even more effective fix for this discovered not long ago. Nibbio's "fix" greatly limits the chance for flak to cause the loss of roll rate,but gunfire still does. The new fix however alters the over all damage effects for some parts of the planes,I believe,for any damage and may alter the damage effects in other cases as well. Its over at the CFSOnline site. I will see if I can come up with a URL...stand by.

--------------------

Joke 'em if they can't take a....

Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 10-09-2001 11:35 PM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok...here is the URL to the CFS2Online forum. It has the "fix" and the "debate" that followed. Its an archived thread,hope you can get to it. http://cfs2.dogfighter.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5997&forum=DCForumID4

--------------------

Joke 'em if they can't take a....

Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Martinus Maximus
Member # 9310

posted 10-10-2001 01:55 AM     Profile for Martinus Maximus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok thanks a lot! I'll check that out when I'll be back from work. It seems many sims have problem with Damaged FM. F4 had the Funky Chicken if I remember correctly.

Anyway thanks!

And they say this forum is dead
At least there is only quality people left

--------------------

Martinus Maximus

aka NN_Gryne

Famous Last Mistake
Never Mind! He's one of ours...

"To have good soldiers, a nation must always be at war." -Napoleon

Posts: 60 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.