my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » CRASHING TO WINDOWS, Why now ??

Author Topic: CRASHING TO WINDOWS, Why now ??
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-24-2001 02:09 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I've done many campaigns over the last few months and have never had a problem and now I'm on the 13th or 14th mission and after about 5 or 10 minutes the program crashes back to windows. Is the campaign corrupted? I want to reinstall everything but my wife says that may not be necessary.

Need help please, love this game.
Thanks, John

Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
mjc
Member # 3149

posted 02-24-2001 06:58 PM     Profile for mjc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, without further info about you system or what may have changed since the onset of your CTD's, I would suggest that you defrag your hard disk, and make sure those non-essential programs (including all that stuff by Norton or Macafee) isn't running while you're running this game. Try the little program "enditall" over at ZDnet for a quick way to kill off all everything except for systray and explorer...

Totally unrelated, have you seen the new planes and campaigns (especially "Defense of Australia" ) over at www.cfs2.dogfighter.com?
Pretty amazing - a P-61, P39/400, various P40's, P-51, Buffalos, Tonys, Jacks, and Franks can be easily added to CFS2.

Good luck, and enjoy!

mjc

Posts: 45 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-24-2001 07:06 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, our system is a AMD Athalon 600, 3Dfx Voodoo 3, Windows 98se, 128 memory, plenty of hard drive space and yes we always close everything before starting up any sim.
All drivers are updated recently.
This crashing to desktop just started.
I clean house often, defrag, etc.
Hope this additional info helps.

the Jaegers

[This message has been edited by jaegers_j (edited 02-24-2001).]

Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.