my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Making RCS Panels' R4D-6 (DC-3) work in CFS2

Author Topic: Making RCS Panels' R4D-6 (DC-3) work in CFS2
Kestrel
Member # 6726

posted 01-09-2001 11:17 AM     Profile for Kestrel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been testing and flying RCS Panels' amazingly detailed R4D-6 (DC-3) for CFS2 v3.75 plane and panel (http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html). The plane and panel were originally built for FS2000 and have recently been converted to CFS2 by the designers. Here are some notes based upon my experience with this plane and input from these forums.

- When I include this plane in a mission, I get an ""Aircraft Initialization Failure" error when trying to load the mission. I traced the problem to the default name of the aircraft folder: "R4D v3.75 CFS2" Changing the name of the folder to "R4D_DC3" fixed the problem. Maybe CFS2 doesn't like spaces and/or periods in aircraft folder names?

- The R4D-6 manual advises that if the flight difficulty is set to hard, the plane will explode on the runway as soon as you start. However, you can fly the plane at hard difficulty level if you edit the aircraft.cfg file and change "static_pitch = 9.72" and "static_cg_height = 8.72"

- While the plane appears to burn no fuel (according to the gauges), I ran out of gas about 30 minutes into my first flight. Solution: Go into Settings and make fuel "Unlimited," which you can do during flight, if necessary.

- On my system (850 MHz PIII with 128MB RAM and a 32MB Hercules Prophet 3D GeForce2 MX video card running the latest NVIDIA Detonator drivers) once I'm in the plane, the bottom part of the panel only appears intermittently, otherwise the bottom half of the screen is black with only a bits of few gauges blinking on and off. The solution is to click on ALT to bring up the top bar menu, select Views, then deselect Intro screen and select Panel.

- Manually starting the plane can be a challenge (I've never been able to get it to start using the quick start method). My advice: work fast before the battery runs dry.

------------------
-- Kestrel

Posts: 97 | From: Skokie, IL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
libor
Member # 7986

posted 01-09-2001 02:14 PM     Profile for libor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very helpful. Thanks.
Posts: 9 | From: Czech Republic | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.