my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Death of a friend

Author Topic: Death of a friend
Holliday
Member # 3308

posted 12-29-2000 05:02 PM     Profile for Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a shame this site is going to die, and I am afraid death is inevitable. Here is why; first of all it sets a nasty precedent, to pay for news and message board access. I understand the rational, and can sympathize with the site ownerís dilemma, but I just canít let go of 40 bucks on a bet. Suppose I do pay, and a few weeks down the road when not enough people subscribe the site folds up anyway, I am out my 40 dollars. I canít expect a refund, that just would not be possible. Keep in mind I can afford the money, but the reason I CAN afford it is I donít throw my money away, and I never bet, at least not when I can't even guess the odds of winning. Itís a catch 22 and I donít see a way out. We all may have killed this site merely by frequenting it.

I hope I am wrong, but for now, goodbye

-----------------------------
All those memories will be lost, like tears in the rain.

Posts: 139 | From: Wilmington NC USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
bwise1
Member # 7594

posted 12-29-2000 08:43 PM     Profile for bwise1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to invite everyone to post on the forums at www.cfsipgames.com

If you haven't been to this site, don't be fooled by the name. It is the gathering place for some of the top developers for CFS and CFS2. There are numerous forums there covering a variety or topics.

I hope to see many of you there.

bwise1

konky2000
Member # 7792

posted 01-03-2001 12:57 PM     Profile for konky2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is to say that this other site isn't going to experience the same problem as combatsim down the line? All I know is that combatsim.com is right now the holder of the best boards AND an actual plan to stay in business. I don't know about these other boards, so I am paying a subscription.
Posts: 11 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Canuck
Member # 9564

posted 01-03-2001 01:11 PM     Profile for Canuck     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said Konky!!!!!!!!

------------------
Major Canuck
I/JG52 Gruppe Major Beim Stab

'SINE MENS, SINE DOLOR'

Posts: 190 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DeltaMike2
Member # 6871

posted 01-03-2001 04:07 PM     Profile for DeltaMike2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, first off, MY main thing is F/A-18. I just got given CFS2, so here I am, looking for advice.

But, the $3.95 a month...and MY subscription is monthly...is sure enough a good investment in the F/A-18 Archives. There are 65 pages of KNOWLEDGE there! Over at SimHQ, there are TWO..and I already see guys asking the questions that have answers HERE.
It may be a better place for the Experts to pat each other on the back, over there, but if I want to know the answer to a problem, the ANSWER ....if not the author, is HERE.

Maybe when I've digested all that 65 page Encyclopedia, I'll sign off..but for now I prefer to learn than to feed some guy's ego.

But...the Best to All...This is F U N ...

DM2

Posts: 200 | From: Port Angeles, WA...USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.