my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Good bye! :-(

Author Topic: Good bye! :-(
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-29-2000 04:57 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This might be my last chance to say
GOOD BYE
to all of you which I met in this forum.
It was always a pleasure for me to read the posts, to get help and sometimes to offer some help.
THX for all the infos, the add-ons and everything else.
This site was really my favourite (it was my starting-site in IE!)
But as a non-american and someone who has no credit-card, it's too difficult and too expensive for me pay the money for visiting this site. Maybe some day I change my mind, but for now, that's it for me.

I'm really, really sorry about that!

CU somewhere else (I hope so)

TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wright
Member # 3550

posted 12-29-2000 05:25 PM     Profile for Ken Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too. This site was always a good 'melting pot' to visit. So many interesting forums. So many interesting people, links, downloads. In fact, this site is probably responsible for me spending more time 'tinkering' with a favourite game/sim than playing it!

But I'm worried if the scheme's successful that other sites will follow suit. Well, at least my phone bill will shrink noticeably.

In the meantime, a big THANKS to CS for giving a focal point for so much info.

------------------
They mostly come at night .... mostly

Posts: 89 | From: Leicester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MaxxG
Member # 3371

posted 12-29-2000 05:35 PM     Profile for MaxxG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the imortal words of George Burns....

"Say good night Gracey!"

Posts: 144 | From: Dartmouth, NS, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Holliday
Member # 3308

posted 12-29-2000 05:36 PM     Profile for Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never considered the impact this would have on our overseas friends. The distance involved and differences in currencies add new complications to an already sad situation.
I hope to see some of you at this new board: http://pub44.ezboard.com/bsimmersboard
Creeg posted this url already, and is the creator of this new board. I am posting it again to help promote it. See you on the other side.

Posts: 139 | From: Wilmington NC USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-29-2000 05:37 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Wright:
In fact, this site is probably responsible for me spending more time 'tinkering' with a favourite game/sim than playing it!

I second that! (Uuuuh, this might be my last post on this board, I'll go to bed now and perhaps, tomorrow morning it's all over, soo sad!)

TBird

TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-29-2000 05:39 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Holliday:
I never considered the impact this would have on our overseas friends. The distance involved and differences in currencies add new complications to an already sad situation.
I hope to see some of you at this new board: http://pub44.ezboard.com/bsimmersboard
Creeg posted this url already, and is the creator of this new board. I am posting it again to help promote it. See you on the other side.

Bookmarked! (Edit: and logged in )

TBird
P.S.: Yeah! Leaving with 350 posts !

[This message has been edited by TBird66 (edited 12-29-2000).]

bwise1
Member # 7594

posted 12-29-2000 08:40 PM     Profile for bwise1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to invite everyone to post on the forums at www.cfsipgames.com

If you haven't been to this site, don't be fooled by the name. It is the gathering place for some of the top developers for CFS and CFS2. There are numerous forums there covering a variety or topics.

I hope to see many of you there.

bwise1

Squeehee
Member # 230

posted 12-31-2000 11:02 PM     Profile for Squeehee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Four bucks a month and you guys are bailing? Man, life must be rough.

Pretty cheap, IMO.

Posts: 102 | From: Richmond Heights, MO. 63117 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 01-01-2001 08:40 AM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Sqeehee, I agree with you, but I think a lot of the problems are coming from people across the "ponds" who, for one reason or another NOT related to lack of funds still would have problems getting the bucks to Doug. And that's a shame!
Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Squeehee
Member # 230

posted 01-01-2001 05:04 PM     Profile for Squeehee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, I see what ya mean. Well, then they are excused and will certainly be missed. Some of the best postings did come from guys in England and Europe. I hope they'll find a way back.

I still think it's pretty sad that more of the hometown crowd won't support this site.

They even have the rudeness to advertise other sites while this one is in dire straits. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down. What a loogie in the face.

Posts: 102 | From: Richmond Heights, MO. 63117 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 01-02-2001 11:46 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I'm still here and I'm sure after a while we'll see more faces

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from Mrs Bilko or I'll give you a damn good thrashing with my STICK

Enlève les cales! Je reviens tout de suite mon vieux; et surtout, tu restes bien loin de Mme Bilko ou je te filerai une bonne grosse rouste avec mon BÂTON.

Zwolnic bloki, wracam niedlugo stary pryku i hej, zostaw Pania Bilko w spokoju albo dam ci dobry wycisk moim KIJKIEM.

От винта, старина, я вернусь скоро, а ты держись подальше от миссис Билко, а не то я проучу тебя моей ПАЛКОЙ!

¡Calzos fuera! Regreso enseguida tío, así que mantente alejado de la señora Bilko, si no quieres que te atice un buena tunda con mi VARA!

Fjern bremseklodserne! Jeg er snart tilbage og husk; hold fingrene fra fru Bilko eller jeg skal give dig en omgang med min STAV!

Bremsklötze weg, bin bald zurueck, alter Junge, und halt dich von Frau Bilko fern sonst gibts 'ne tracht Prügel mit dem KNÜPPEL!

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.