my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » QUESTION ON ADF/FUEL INSTALL ???

Author Topic: QUESTION ON ADF/FUEL INSTALL ???
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 12-29-2000 01:49 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy Guys --- downloaded the .zip for the ADFs and fuel, but not sure where the files install? The instructions are vague at best. Also after the file install, does some other action have to take place to make them active?? -- or is it automatic via CFS2?? (e.g. antennae appear and fuel boxes)...no problem with getting ADF receivers and gauges in my planes...just trying to figure the install of the files!!!

A few specifics PLEASE!!! Many Thanks ---

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
AAA_psob2
Member # 7995

posted 12-29-2000 04:33 AM     Profile for AAA_psob2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this is where i put it(note last two folders in path), then used scenery library. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2\SCENEDB\afdfiles\scenery

in CFS2 the scenery library can be found by going to 'settings', scenery library is button in middle at bottom of settings page.when you get in library hit the 'add' button. a browse window should come up called 'select scenery directory', show game where you put the scenery folder with the .bgl file(last folder in path above), then hit OK. hope this points you in right direction at least

------------------

[This message has been edited by AAA_psob2 (edited 12-29-2000).]

Posts: 7 | From: isle AAA or nj, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 12-29-2000 09:20 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo AAA !!! -- well I finally got it, since I had never used the Settings mode to add things to the Scenery Library before -- first time for everything!! The ADFs are working great in my island hopping plane!!!

Thanks Again --- BB ---

Holliday
Member # 3308

posted 12-29-2000 09:58 AM     Profile for Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you are island hopping, you might want to look for Chuck Dome's GPS for CFS2. You have to install it in your favortite island hopping plane, but I could talk you through that, or do it for you.
Posts: 139 | From: Wilmington NC USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 12-29-2000 08:55 PM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the note Holliday!!! Nice to hear from you --- and yep will eventually get GPS set up --- still redesigning a panel for my favorite island hopper (not a CFS2 WW2 bird!) ---thennnn I will be ready! See ya on CFSIP site!

Cheers to all !!! --- BB ---

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.