my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » 'I am become death...

Author Topic: 'I am become death...
castorp
Member # 7918

posted 12-22-2000 10:09 PM     Profile for castorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...Destroyer of Worlds.'

http://www.geocities.com/cfs2_manhattan_project/Trinity1.gif
Trinity Test Site, outside Alamogordo, NM.

http://www.geocities.com/cfs2_manhattan_project/Trinity2.gif
Model 1561 being deployed at UTM 630233.

http://www.geocities.com/cfs2_manhattan_project/Trinity3.gif
Airburst at Trinity Site.

http://www.geocities.com/cfs2_manhattan_project/Trinity4.gif
'Atomic cloud' beginning to form.

http://www.geocities.com/cfs2_manhattan_project/

[This message has been edited by castorp (edited 12-22-2000).]

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-23-2000 02:37 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shouldn't it be more like a mushroom in shape? what about framerates. The one in Jane's F15 caused a slideshow.
AntEater
Member # 7623

posted 12-23-2000 06:41 AM     Profile for AntEater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And for what in the World do you need a nuclear bomb??
I would rather fix the roll rate damage bug
Maybe then I reinstall CFS2.....

Posts: 157 | From: Frankfurt am Main, Germany | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 12-23-2000 10:44 AM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anty,

That's fixed since a while. Check nibbio's site

Kanine_Wsivelod
Member # 7950

posted 12-23-2000 10:45 AM     Profile for Kanine_Wsivelod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shut up anteater, you aint interested, stay away, cuz right now im a mad man!

------------------
No bee-sting hurt as much as adolesence.- Twas' I who said that.
I am a dork, I don't try to be cool; it just doesn't work out.- Dave Grohl
Mom: Oscar, son, will you ever stop spending ALL of your time on those flying games?!?!
Me: Never say never, but probably never......

Posts: 13 | From: Houston, Texas, United States | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-23-2000 02:04 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ajax:
Anty,

That's fixed since a while. Check nibbio's site

This problem defenitely isn't fixed!, Ajax.
The only thing that was fixed is the "possibility" that a single flak burst in front of you causes the roll-damage-bug.
The bug itself still is there.
@Kanine_Wsivelod: Did you smoke the wrong stuff???
AntEater just posted his opinion (btw.: that's exactly my opinion. For guys like you I suggest another mod: Adding biolocical and chemical weapons to the game, wouldn't that be fun?)

Anyway, merry christmas!
TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 12-23-2000 02:07 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A-ha. Thanks for pointing it out...anyway I've uninstalled CFS2 since a while. Maybe I'll just sell it off and get BoB instead.
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-23-2000 04:31 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't want to offend you, Ajax.
Sorry that you uninstalled CFS2 (imho it's worth staying on my HD, but the reason could be that I'm not a "hardcore-simmer"(whatever this is )).
But what I've seen yet from BOB isn't worth the money. It looks like EAW (which is a great game, but two years old) from the graphics point (and in these days that's not enough for me [I admit, I'm a graphics addict ]).
It promises thousand planes raids (or so), but due to experience of recently released games, I wouldn't bet one penny on these promises.
Btw., do you know if these ugly plane markings that I saw in various screenshots(the "Balkenkreuz" and the english "tricolor") are in the final release of the game?
These markings remind me of "Nations Fighter Command", and that is a game that was wiped faster off my HD than you can spell "sh*t"

TBird

Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 12-23-2000 06:33 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No offense taken, either, TBird But-

quote:
But what I've seen yet from BOB isn't worth the money

Oh, there I have to disagree Have you tried the final demo? You'll want to take back that thousand plane comment, 300+ plane raids are common, and not even EAW tops that. As for the graphics, they are better than EAW, at least the plane models, and the 3D clouds are some of the best and most realistic I've seen. You can replace and customize all the plane skins and terrains, as a matter of fact JayP's done a swastika mod and AxA has already released a new terrain.

Maybe I'm beginning to sound like a certain Spawnbob fellow, but I sure wouldn't want you to miss on that one just because of the graphics If you are a serious simmer, you owe to yourself to at least try the demo...anyway, I've already ordered my copy from www.softwarefirst.com .

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"Je suis un Canadien québécois, un Français canadien-français. Un Américain du Nord français. Un francophone québécois canadien. On est des Canadiens américains francophones."-Elvis Gratton
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Su-27
Member # 7566

posted 12-23-2000 08:32 PM     Profile for Su-27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
where'd you get that nuke??? I can't find out where to download it on the site, Must........ Have....... Nuclear........ Weapon.............................................................................................................................................
Posts: 223 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-24-2000 02:15 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thx Ajax for the additional info.
I must admit that I haven't informed myself very well about this game (must have misread the info about the 1000 plane raids). I've read some comments here and there and watched screenshots (of which I'm certainly not very impressed, just to repeat it )

I think I'll wait till it's out for a month or so and read the reactions in the forums (the demo is not an option for me cos I have ISDN (too slow) and I pay per minute for beeing connected to the internet )

TBird

P.S.: Ajax, perhaps you could post some high-res-screenies of the demo, the ones I've seen seem to be taken at a low resolution or are of reduced quality due to a high compression rate. Thx

castorp
Member # 7918

posted 12-24-2000 03:23 AM     Profile for castorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the 'gadget/fatman' device is still in beta and not yet ready for release (errr, no puns intended). When it's done, it will be made available and freely distributable from http://www.geocities.com/cfs2_manhattan_project/.

hopefully the first public build will be up before the new year, but don't quote me on that.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.