my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » New updates available

Author Topic: New updates available
SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 12-22-2000 02:21 PM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://home.twcny.rr.com/dysonm/stuff

Re-did the original P-38F; horsepower and speeds at various altitudes now within single digits of published data. Weights and moments re-calced.

Re-did the Betty's weapons based on new data discovery. They're a LOT less lethal than the game made them out to be.

Enjoy!

Spinny

[This message has been edited by SpinDry (edited 12-22-2000).]

Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 12-22-2000 05:03 PM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks SpinDry. I just used your recalculated model to successfully execute Speedbrake's excellent mission. This is the handling I expected of the P-38!!
Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 12-22-2000 06:32 PM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad you like. Max-performance climb is still over 2 minutes too fast up to 20,000 feet, but the rest of the FM is behaving like a dream so I figured I'd share it. Spent too long hacking over the t/w stuff, decided to call it good enough for now and spend some quality time on my Vader.
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-23-2000 02:38 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Spin,

was wondering how your new Betty and Lightning files compare with Wells FM 1.9?
I am using Wells now n was wondering if the change would be noticeable..

SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 12-23-2000 08:15 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To be hoenst, I don't really know any more. When I started making variants I was using his 1.7 mod as a basis, but somewhere along the P-38 road I "broke" something and totally lost pitch stability and couldn't find where I went wrong. I went back to the stock FM and applied my calcs again, one by one, and everything stayed stable to the end. Not a problem in his work, just my lack of knowledge regarding exactly what he changed and why, causing an unexpected conflict when I started changing things of my own.

The long and short of it is for quite some time I've only been flying stock FMs except as I've changed them, myself. Hence, I'm not the person to make a comparison.

Cheers!
Spinny

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.