my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Please I really need help

Author Topic: Please I really need help
solyts
Member # 8366

posted 12-22-2000 05:03 AM     Profile for solyts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,I am having a real big problem with my computer right now. I don't know what the problem is but for two days now my computer is so sloooww, i can't even play CFS2 anymore, it slows down all the time something that didn't happen before (it happens with other games to for example ultima online, the video sequence slows down when the movie is installed in my hard drive). The same with windows, when i click to open my browser my computer starts thinking like mad, i can open as many windows i want but when i clik they take a year to open which is very very annoying.well everything is slow and what bothers me the most is that when i press contol alt dlt i only have 2 programs runing which are explorer and Maxmem which is supposed to keep my RAM in shape. I also had a couple weeks ago tweeked my computer, swaap files etc... all that you can do i did and it worked Great but all of a sudeen it has gone crazy. Please guys help me I don't know what to do, i don't want to reformat because i have lots of MP3 files which i do not want to loosse. (my specs fujitsu siemens p3 600 128 ram 20G HD ati128...)
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Posts: 2 | From: oslo, norway | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-22-2000 08:52 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If your PC boots, how much RAM does it detect? Perhaps some of your RAM is gone (if you have more than one stick)

Did you already delete your temporary internet files?
What swap file settings do you use? Is your swap file located on C:? How much free space is on C:?
Do you have more than one partition? (I'm asking because if you have more than one, you could save your mp3's on the second one and make reinstall, as the last option)

Did you already defrac C: ? This might help.

I know, many questions and no real answers, but perhaps these questions give you a hint where to surch for the problem.

Good luck
TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Andrew Poulos
Member # 7794

posted 12-22-2000 09:18 AM     Profile for Andrew Poulos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi solyts,

Go to this place http://www.3dfiles.com/board/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

click on computer tweaking
it helped me Good luck!

Posts: 6 | From: Brockton,Ma.,USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 12-22-2000 02:50 PM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps it's time for your maintenance wizard to earn his wages.
Wasp

------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid
http://www.raf123uk.co.uk/

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Smokin256
Member # 7319

posted 12-24-2000 02:22 AM     Profile for Smokin256   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Solyts Greetings. I only have one suggestion. You said when you hit ctrl, alt, delete you have only explorer & maxmem. But you need bare minimum, explorer & sys. tray I'd run msconfig from the start menu, choose the startup tab & make sure sys.tray is checked. good luck Smokin256
Posts: 10 | From: Sandy Or. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TG
Member # 3641

posted 12-24-2000 11:31 AM     Profile for TG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that on the systray
Without that your totally screwed
Try like hell to get it back.

As to the memory optimizer, If you get systray back and it seems to speed up try investigating what was done by the memory optimizer program too.

Gluck

Posts: 359 | From: SOmerville, NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.