my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Modelling from scratch

Author Topic: Modelling from scratch
Ivchenko
Member # 8791

posted 12-20-2000 01:51 PM     Profile for Ivchenko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All you geniuses out there - can you help with this?

I fly a Yak 50 (Russian late 70's competition aircraft - derived from the two seat trainer / baby warbird Yak 52, which I also fly).

We have a formation aerobatic team in the UK, called the AeroStars, 7 aircraft, fly displays all over Europe. Only civilian team in the world that can fly a seven ship close formation loop. We came second in the world formation Aerobatic championships.

My question is, can somebody build a model of the a/c that would fly in CFSII / MS FS.

What would you need to know?

If anybody who is in or visits the UK can do it, I can offer a full aerobatic workout in a Yak 52 as a thank you.

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-20-2000 03:48 PM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a nice aerobatic Yak 55 for FS2000 at www.flightsim.com. You have to register to download, but it's free.

Ciao,
nibbio
p.s. can I have the ride now? (pls provide a couple of barf bags )

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ivchenko
Member # 8791

posted 12-20-2000 03:58 PM     Profile for Ivchenko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio

Thanks.

The Yak 55 has different handling - thick wing vs. thin. Same engine. Better at high g turning, poorer at acceleration which is a big consideration for formation aeros.

It's also better at the auto rotation stuff which is the heart of modern solo aeros.

The solo guy in our team (UK aerobatic champion last three years) has been flying one for fun with us during our winter practices.

Yeah, you can come for a ride if you can make it to London.

Incidentally there are a few Yak pilots in Italy who come up for the formation flying schools we run. Also we might be coming to Italy to do some shows this year.

Thanks

Ivchenko

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.