my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » What D/Ls are essential?

Author Topic: What D/Ls are essential?
OutlawAir
Member # 8720

posted 12-19-2000 08:47 PM     Profile for OutlawAir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! all. I have just purchased this game and have been enjoying it offline. It seems like there are more fixes and adjustments for this sim appearing every day. I was just wondering which of these are essential? Anyone wanna reccommend patches that they think are indispensable?
Posts: 3 | From: Louisville, KY, United States | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 12-20-2000 06:56 AM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are no formal patches.

As far as things nice to have, here are some that a lot of people use:

Airbuddha's Convert AI aircraft to flyable.

All eye candy at nibbio's website.

Well's FM usually v1.7 as there are AI problems in v1.8 and 1.9

Hawkeye's files mod for non-combat ships which can correct a Mission Builder bug (Nibbio also has a version).

Correction for rear seater gun movement.

Buckhorn's Realism Patch

That should get you started1

Posts: 310 | From: Fort Worth, TX USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cas141
Member # 5488

posted 12-20-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for Cas141   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! to all. I too, have just bought this sim. I took back BOB and B17-2 as both were unplayable on my system , which is a 1 ghz Athlon, nVidia GTS 2 card- Surprising eh?
I had reservations about CFS 2 whichsome reviewers said was a" Shallow " sim . However, what a joy to have a sim run "out o the box " with decent graphics and FPS.
The two readmes are also well written and well motivated- Don't expect you to be a programmer!
I look forwad to good advice from the CFS 2 experts so i can get the most from this sim, especially the mission builder aspect which seems to me to take it well away from the Shallow definition!
A couple of questions if i may, please
1. In the scenery library is a "cache " box which values can be changed. What is the purpose? What benefits do the different values give you?
2. I have a MCFF joystick , Mk2 , but I don't sem to get buffetting as i approach the stall. I have the stick set to full forces and centreing, so how do i get the feedback re the stall. I have good feedback on takeoff etc?
Thank you

Kilgore65
Member # 2161

posted 12-20-2000 03:19 PM     Profile for Kilgore65     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speedbrake, others: I wonder if it would be possible to get linx for all of the recommended goodies? Many thanks!
Posts: 237 | From: Jackson, Miss. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
matt31
Member # 8642

posted 12-20-2000 04:08 PM     Profile for matt31   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
Where do I find nibbio's website?
Cheers,
Matt

Cas141
Member # 5488

posted 12-20-2000 04:21 PM     Profile for Cas141   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt 31 - Try http//web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2/
Good site

matt31
Member # 8642

posted 12-20-2000 04:42 PM     Profile for matt31   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks M8
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 12-20-2000 06:10 PM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are a few of my favorite sites to look in to for CFS2 goodies:
http://thehangar.dogfighter.com

This site has the AI flyable files. Go to CFS2 and scrole down.
http://cfs2.dogfighter.com

Lot of goodies here, missions, skins, forum, etc.
http://www.flightsim.com

This site has some aircraft, panels, etc.

That should get you started. You will need to create a free logon name and password at
flightsim.com but then go to the main menu at the bottom of the screen, then to downloads
library, combat flight simulator and look at aircraft, panels, etc. use cfs2 as the keyword.

For other add-ons, don't miss Nibbio's site for great eye candy and realism stuff!
http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2/

Have fun!

Like many other forums, this one has a search capability for looking up past topics, etc. Look at the upper right side on the main listing page, hit search, and use a key word or two to find threads with those words in it.

Kilgore65
Member # 2161

posted 12-21-2000 02:02 PM     Profile for Kilgore65     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cannot seem to be able to get into the CFS2 Online site at dogfighter. Anyone know where those AI files may be hosted elsewhere?
Posts: 237 | From: Jackson, Miss. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 12-21-2000 03:01 PM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kilgore65,

That message was supposed to go with Airbuddha's site for the AI files.
http://thehangar.dogfighter.com

When you get to that top page, go to the right side and hit CFS2. Then when that page locks in scrole down there are a set of about (8) files w/small aircraft pictures. These are the files you want. Sorry if I confused you!

[This message has been edited by Speedbrake (edited 12-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Speedbrake (edited 12-21-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.