my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Bombers on Flattops?

Author Topic: Bombers on Flattops?
Andrew Poulos
Member # 7794

posted 12-19-2000 10:56 AM     Profile for Andrew Poulos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi All,

Anybody figure outhow to park a bomber on a
flattop yet

Posts: 6 | From: Brockton,Ma.,USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 12-19-2000 05:00 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So far it's no go. But hang in there.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 12-21-2000 12:26 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I own CF2 and know you can't do it
BUT Andrew Poulos - do the download for WARBIRDS and offline you can put a Mitchell on a their YORKTOWN class carrier. Can you get it off like Doolittle? hehehe Yes but it is tough. I practice my 'virtual flying' with the offline WARBIRDS. Not the visual splender of CF2 - but FM, wind and choice of A/C (Ami, Brit, Axis flavor are available.) Costs only time to download - if you really want to get a bomber off a carrier.

SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 12-21-2000 12:33 PM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gromit, of the Lone Wulff squad over on Delphi, has landed a stock Mitchell on the flattop provided in the training mission. Only once, and his nosewheel was at the edge, but it is possible (if not probable). I can take off just fine in one, but have yet to stop in time when I land.

In "real life" the USN put a tailhook on a Mitchell and operated it successfully from a carrier, but they didn't have any real need by that point in the war so the prototype was never put into production.

Cheers!
Spinny

Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 12-21-2000 07:54 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry if I misunderstood the original question. When Andrew said "...park a bomber...", I thought he meant can you place static planes on the deck.

Aviar

Andy Poulos
Member # 8659

posted 12-21-2000 08:47 PM     Profile for Andy Poulos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi All

I'm trying to recreate the doolittle raid
(and having a real tough time of it )don't
need to land the bombers since they ditched
but would like to have one of them (at least) takeoff from a carrier. Was thinking of taking
the P-38 Air File (since it has 2 Props) and
rename it to B-25 so that the computer will think its a P-38 and place it on the deck.Am
I making any sense here LOL

Posts: 4 | From: Ma , USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
hawkman333
Member # 5588

posted 12-22-2000 12:45 AM     Profile for hawkman333   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you can't build a mission and put them there?- also cfsme for cfs2 is out by kbedford- i bet you can do it with that- go to his sihgt.

[This message has been edited by hawkman333 (edited 12-22-2000).]

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 12-22-2000 04:54 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andy,

I have a zip file that will allow you to fly all the AI planes. Let me know if you want it. As far as taking off\landing on a carrier, only the player can do that. The AI planes are not programmed with that feature.

Aviar

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.