my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » New Mitchells coming soon...

Author Topic: New Mitchells coming soon...
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-18-2000 04:06 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PBJ-1

B-25B

Airbuddha
The Hangar

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nikon
Member # 6793

posted 12-18-2000 04:26 PM     Profile for Nikon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome work as always!!!! I always loved Ruptured Duck. Its one of the best planes I have ever seen in a sim. Makes CFS2 looks as good as IL2 in detail!
Posts: 69 | From: Northeastern Ohio | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tyler McFly
Member # 2141

posted 12-18-2000 06:23 PM     Profile for Tyler McFly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Airbuddha, I couldn't get the bombs to drop from the "Ruptured Duck". Bay doors open and close just fine but the bombs won't release. The enter key just seems dead! Any thoughts? - McFly
Posts: 241 | From: North Hills, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-18-2000 06:48 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The external stores dropping problem is inherent to all third party planes. Some people have cracked the problem, but a universal fix won't be available until the MS SDK is released. I don't think the wait will be very long.

The 2 Mitchells above weren't built by me, but are re-designations of the default B-25D. This means that the frame rate problem associated with my FSDS version is not present, and the weapons function exactly as they should.

Airbuddha

Hussar
Member # 5892

posted 12-18-2000 07:36 PM     Profile for Hussar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice Buddha
Do these have Spinny's air file and sounds or are they CFSII original ??
(on the PBJ)

[This message has been edited by Hussar (edited 12-18-2000).]

Posts: 393 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wingman
Member # 5671

posted 12-18-2000 07:48 PM     Profile for Wingman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Darn you Airbuddha thats what I was getting rdy to work on a PBJ-1b But good show, yours would have looked better than mine anyway. Just as long as you give me permission to edit some of the files to it

Posts: 215 | From: Pekin, Indiana, United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-18-2000 08:04 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Guys,

Knock yerself out. Don't stop a project on anyone's account because they're doing the same thing.

Plane painting and modeling are just an extension of the modeling I did as a kid. I sure wouldn't start building or painting a Brewster Buffalo (blech) just because one of my friends started work on a Mustang.

I think you should pick and choose the planes that hold an interest for you. Have a blast Wingman

Hussar, I've dabbled with some addon FM's but I'm back to using all default FM's on all my planes now. It's certainly nothing against other's air files.

Airbuddha

bigbirdk
Member # 1260

posted 12-18-2000 08:17 PM     Profile for bigbirdk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wannit!
When?
Where?
How?
Thanks!
(Panel too?)

Posts: 68 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wingman
Member # 5671

posted 12-19-2000 09:09 AM     Profile for Wingman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Airbuddha, but one question. Are you useing the same sounds as the first B-25 you made, the Doolittle raider?
Posts: 215 | From: Pekin, Indiana, United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-19-2000 07:42 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Wingman,

No, I aliased the sounds to save on file size. There are four ready for download now. I haven't tried SpinDry's new dp, but it would probably go good with the PBJ-1.

Airbuddha
The Hangar

SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 12-20-2000 06:45 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You da Mang, AB. When I get this stinkin' 3D model of the solid nose PBJ done I'll probably be asking your leave to adapt your Bluebelly -- er, Bluejacket textures so as to mitigate my own lack of artistic skills in the weathering and shading areas.
Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 12-20-2000 02:24 PM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No problem at all SpinDry. If they're any help to you at all, you're welcome to use them.

Airbuddha

Private_Ryan
Member # 8012

posted 12-20-2000 04:04 PM     Profile for Private_Ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow,
Thanks Airbhudda!

ps.
Everybody should get your P38 skin too. Its by far the best around...
A MUST HAVE!!!

Posts: 63 | From: Holland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
dschin
Member # 6088

posted 12-20-2000 11:51 PM     Profile for dschin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!
Posts: 287 | From: Madison WI USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.