my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » sorry Nibbio

Author Topic: sorry Nibbio
engine fire
Member # 8510

posted 12-17-2000 01:40 PM     Profile for engine fire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know you have had loads of suggestions ( I have looked at your wishlist) but I hope I could add one more. Is there any way of adding dust when you ditch. All that happens when you ditch with no gear is that your prop stops and you just slide half buried in the terrain. It would be better to have a large cloud of dust following. If you wait when you ditch your engine eventually blows up (overheats)maybe you could add smoke or steam coming from the engine so it looks damaged.
Just a suggestion. Thanks for all the excellent mods you have produced I think everybody appreciates the work you put in.

OSOK
Member # 7772

posted 12-17-2000 02:51 PM     Profile for OSOK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent idea! would be cool to see a trail of dust when ditching, or when the tires touch ground.
Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Private_Ryan
Member # 8012

posted 12-17-2000 04:16 PM     Profile for Private_Ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That would be the first time in simming that I would really enjoy DITCHING!

Posts: 63 | From: Holland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-17-2000 05:23 PM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool suggestion!
I'll add it to the wishlist.
But I think this is gonna be a hard nut to crack...
Ciao,
nibbio http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Essel
Member # 8011

posted 12-18-2000 08:53 AM     Profile for Essel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We're working on exactly that. It's a toughie though... patience...

Essel

Posts: 34 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
davido53
Member # 7121

posted 12-18-2000 09:15 AM     Profile for davido53   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did someone mention this already?

ricchoceting rounds...

Posts: 61 | From: Cincinnati OH | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
engine fire
Member # 8510

posted 12-18-2000 04:07 PM     Profile for engine fire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone noticed that you can still fly (albeit very slowly) with your engine shot off? I have expereinced this when tring to land, I had the throttle full on ( I could only "hear" the engine ticking over though) but as you would usually expect no sound and no thrust I managed to fly for miles quite happily (even climbing!) This is very weird, idid manage to land and turned the non-existant engine off, then restarted it. The engine turned over and even got the startup smoke! It did thankfully not completely restarted and i got a message saying "check engine" Anyone else seen this?
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 12-18-2000 04:30 PM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio I'm still hoping that you will make some ground soldiers for strafing.

I was thinking of doing it myself...It seems that it can be done with "Airport 2.60"...Is that how you would do it? I can code in C++ and I can make good models and skins but I have almost no experience in making anything for MS Flight sims.

Also I would like to make player man-able gun positions on bombers or at least make a modification to make the turrets work on the non-flyable aircraft that have been made flyable....But I don't even know if something like that is possible or where I would begin.

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-18-2000 05:02 PM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ground soldiers are still in my program... was thinking of using FSDS PRO, a tool for building aircraft and scenery objects for FS2K... just have to find out how
Ciao,
nibbio http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JamesYoung
Member # 8701

posted 12-18-2000 08:18 PM     Profile for JamesYoung   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I know how to make the dust effects work. When you shoot the guns while you are taking off makes it appear that dust is being kicked up, so maybe someone can use that as the plane is taking off if you can time it right.
Posts: 12 | From: San Antonio, Texas. USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.