my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Help - "default.CDP" file needed - Can't Launch QuickCombat n Free Flight

Author Topic: Help - "default.CDP" file needed - Can't Launch QuickCombat n Free Flight
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-15-2000 07:10 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i deleted the "default.CDP" file in the CFS2\Aircraft folder thinking it would regenerate. But it hasn't since then and i suspect this might be the reason why i can't launch Quick Combat and Free Flight now - I get an "error loading database" type of message. But i can still play Single Missions and Campaigns.. Hmmm...

Anyway, could someone send me the "default.CDP" file in CFS2/Aircraft? It isn't in the CD.

Any other ideas why this might be happening?
Thanks !

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-15-2000 07:29 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry, my e-mail is [email protected]

thanks

tincup
Member # 1554

posted 12-16-2000 06:34 AM     Profile for tincup   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
-in the original cfs2/aircraft folder,there is no "default.cdp" file , only a "default.dp" file :u have "**.cdp" file only in each plane folder.
-Do u want the original "default.dp" file ?

Ken Wright
Member # 3550

posted 12-16-2000 08:32 AM     Profile for Ken Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I'm getting exactly the same thing. It seems to have happened ever since installing some of the mods - unless it's just a coincidence. Everything works fine except freeflight and quickcombat. Weird huh?

Cheers
Ken

Posts: 89 | From: Leicester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-16-2000 08:42 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THERE WAS A "default.CDP" file in CFS2/Aircraft. I remember clearly cos i was wondering what it was doing there. It's not the same .CDP files in the individual aircraft name folders. I know those can be deleted n they would regenerate.

I am suspecting that having deleted that one ("default.CDP") might be what's causing me to be unable to launch FreeFlight and QuickCom.

I thot it might be the addon ships/planes or campaign but i have tried removing those n putting back the originals to no avail.

if it isn't this .CDP file that's causing it, then some mod out there might b screwing things up with QuickCOm n Freeflight. Beats me, i am still trying to figure out the cause.

Check your CFS2/Aircraft folder. u should have the following:

default.CDP
default.dp
combatoverlay.cfg
overlaymenu.cfg

SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 12-16-2000 09:09 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The .CDP file is created the first time you fly using the matching .dp file; it won't appeaar on your CD for that reason. If you have the default.dp file, and it's not horked, the only time it should come into play is when you try to fly a crate without its own .dp file. If your default is missing, just copy over one from some other aircraft folder and rename it to default. If using a crate with no included .dp file I prefer to copy one over from a similar type and rename it to match the title of the .air file, so I've never actually needed the default.dp file.

HTH!
Spinny

Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-16-2000 09:13 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've checked it, and there's no default.cdp
Only:
default.dp
combatoverlay.cfg
overlaymenu.cfg

TBird

P.S.: Perhaps you could make a screenshot of your main cfs2-folder and post it (only the files, not the folders). There are plenty of files in this folder. We could compare them with the ones in our folder.

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-16-2000 11:06 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SPIN,

I see. And you are right. I manage to regenerate the default.CDP by fling a plane without its dp file.

It didn't solve my problem. So i guess the CDP file i mentioned was not the cause.

Now i am in a fix. What if i reinstall and eventually still get the same problem with quickcom/free flight after installing all those addons/mods??

funny thing is, i can still do campaigns n single missions fine.

hmmm...

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.