my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » More eye candy...

Author Topic: More eye candy...
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-14-2000 02:22 PM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Joint release:
Ira Kepford F4U skin at Easykill Skin Resource http://web.tiscalinet.it/easykill/
and smoking guns effect over at my place http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2
Enjoy!
Ciao,
nibbio

[This message has been edited by nibbio (edited 12-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by nibbio (edited 12-14-2000).]

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-14-2000 02:33 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huuaaaah, simply great!! Thx nibbio for your hard work!

TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
phaeden
Member # 2324

posted 12-14-2000 02:48 PM     Profile for phaeden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
beautiful
Posts: 85 | From: Oceanside, California | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 12-14-2000 02:50 PM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio ---

Very nice! ... and thanks for another contribution to the CFS2 crusade !!!! Installed and works well on all planes tested.

Keep carrying the banner!!! -- BB ---

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MeatWater
Member # 1346

posted 12-14-2000 03:28 PM     Profile for MeatWater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow..I'd say...SMOKIN'!!!

------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^
MeatWater

AudioVisual Design
http://www.meatwater.com
[email protected]
http://www.creadesign.de

Posts: 139 | From: Munster, Germany | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-14-2000 03:50 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a really superb mod.
The only disantvantage is that you barely see it when you're in a hard dogfight (most times it's you that pulls the trigger and not the poor guy that is in front of you )

TBird

[This message has been edited by TBird66 (edited 12-14-2000).]

Private_Ryan
Member # 8012

posted 12-14-2000 03:58 PM     Profile for Private_Ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice one Nibbio!

Hey MeatWater!
Nice seeing you still around

Posts: 63 | From: Holland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-14-2000 05:29 PM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tbird, if you really want to see the smoke, try a p38 or zero and fire when in cockpit view... cough, cough
Ciao,
nibbio

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 12-14-2000 05:46 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice stuff Nibbio. Ya know what I'd like to see. Much bigger splashes when my machine gun bullets hit the water and much bigger dust clouds when they hit the ground. Hint, hint. Whenever.
Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bigbirdk
Member # 1260

posted 12-14-2000 06:53 PM     Profile for bigbirdk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio,
I find myself checking your site often for any new mods and you just keep them coming!
Thanks for making this game more and better!

(I *am* an air combat dog.....I mean god.:P)

Posts: 68 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
bonzo
Member # 2124

posted 12-14-2000 09:04 PM     Profile for bonzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nibbio put your smoke in, now my plane is black when I look in an exterior view the other plane's look fine thou any hint's? thanks in advance.
Posts: 97 | From: santa barbra calif | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
darren34
Member # 7473

posted 12-14-2000 11:36 PM     Profile for darren34   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio!! Im goin over to your sight now and download those smokin guns! I second the big water and dust splashes. Great work........gotta go try it!

darren

Posts: 32 | From: Claremore, Oklahoma USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 12-15-2000 12:54 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nibbio:
Tbird, if you really want to see the smoke, try a p38 or zero and fire when in cockpit view... cough, cough
Ciao,
nibbio

I'm an idiot
You're right, I've only tried the hellcat. (but even in this bird you can see the gun-smoke when you pan to one of your wings)

TBird

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-15-2000 04:49 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bonzo, I think it depends from the .bmp texture of the F4U skin from Easykill; try asking him, I know next to nothing about skins
Ciao,
nibbio

Private_Ryan
Member # 8012

posted 12-15-2000 05:22 AM     Profile for Private_Ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah nibbio, the P38...
I can almost smell the cordite..
Maybe you can add a new effect to the effects library: smells! (.sml)
Then we can have:

-cordite.sml
-burningrubber.sml
-throwingup.sml
-smellysocks.sml
-ThinkIgottaChangeMyUndies.sml
etc...

Posts: 63 | From: Holland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 12-15-2000 07:09 AM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio - what can I say! Keep creating and we will keep coming, err to your site that is!

Pvt. Ryan - ROTFLMAS, but I don't want to be around for that TIGCMU thing!

Posts: 310 | From: Fort Worth, TX USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
slugged
Member # 1255

posted 12-15-2000 07:59 AM     Profile for slugged   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
nibbio,

On your site, on the Smoking Guns download page you have an image of a P-40. Although it's a small image it looks pretty good. Where did you get it?

Thanks,
slugged

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-15-2000 11:02 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
P.R. ROFLMAO! The smell effects could be great (if not overdone )

The P40 is very nice and is one of Bruno Duffort's excellent creations. You can find on his site here: http://knifemaker.free.fr/
Ciao,
nibbio

JETninja
Member # 1400

posted 12-15-2000 12:18 PM     Profile for JETninja   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you like Bruno's (I do, have all his CFS1/CFS2 planes) in the next couple weeks a couple of FSDS Multi-model P-40's will be released. Can you say Detail! Look into the radiator grille, into the wheel well's, and the view from within the cockpit will blow you away! A true 3D cockpit with all the canopy framing. They will be part of an upcoming Campaign release that is currently in the final stages of Beta test. Myself or one ofe the others will let you know when it's avalible. You will be seriously impressed.

Nibbio, Great stuff as always! How was the Sking?

------------------
www.cfsipgames.com

Gabelschwanz Teufel!

The Fork-Tailed Devil!

JET

[This message has been edited by JETninja (edited 12-15-2000).]

Posts: 174 | From: SoCal, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
OldFrenchy
Member # 7658

posted 12-15-2000 01:34 PM     Profile for OldFrenchy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another bullseye, Nibbio!
You have really made it a more enjoyable sim- thanks!
I like the idea about larger splash effects for cannon and gun- any chance?

OldFrenchy

Posts: 39 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Easykill
Member # 7759

posted 12-15-2000 03:47 PM     Profile for Easykill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TO BONZO,

which skin did you see black?
If is a skin of mine there should be no problems about mips or other stuff affecting the compressed DXT format.
I can see correctly the smoking guns effects with all of my skins!!
If anybody has broblems just go to:
web.tiscalinet.it/easykill
and contact me.

Ciao Easykill!!!

Posts: 10 | From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlightJockey
Member # 4134

posted 12-16-2000 03:10 AM     Profile for FlightJockey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nibbio,

Wow Weeee! Another killer mod. Mickeysoft outta consider hiring you for their next flightsim. You could do wonders for them in the graphics dept.

Just a thought ;)

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 12-16-2000 03:32 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Much bigger splashes when my machine gun bullets hit the water and much bigger dust clouds when they hit the ground."

Bigshot, will add them to the wishlist on my site.
Thx for the suggestion!
Ciao
nibbio

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.