my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » RedHawk44

Author Topic: RedHawk44
THEGhostrider
Member # 7494

posted 12-12-2000 01:32 PM     Profile for THEGhostrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey RedHawk,

Great job with the skins! I would love to do some myself. So you use PSP, eh? How do you convert the textures to BMPs and back? I know there are utilities to do this, but which one did you use? I have not had much luck with them?!

Thanks so much,
Ghostrider

Posts: 72 | From: Stansbury Park, UT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
RedHawk44
Member # 8485

posted 12-12-2000 03:04 PM     Profile for RedHawk44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use the DXTbmp program. I forgot the site address to get it. I'll try and find it. I just use the program and hit "load normal image" to inport the bmp file I want to paint. Then select "save 24 bit image". Name it something else when you do this. Then you can open that file in PSP and do what you want. After your through, save it and then open it in the DXTbmp program again by selecting "load normal image". I have then been saving them by using "save extended bitmap (565). I have no idea what the difference in options. I know that the ones in the game are in DXT texture, but I didnt think that my paints looked that clear saving them again as DXT. So I tried 565 and they look a lot clearer in the game. Only problem is they are about twice as big a file. I havent tried the other two options (555-1 and 444-4). I dont know if the way I am doing it is correct but it is working for me. Need any more help just let me know.
http://www.geocities.com/cry_baby_killer

THEGhostrider
Member # 7494

posted 12-13-2000 12:19 PM     Profile for THEGhostrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks RedHawk! I appreciate your help!

Ghostrider

Posts: 72 | From: Stansbury Park, UT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.