my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Updated Repaint Site

Author Topic: Updated Repaint Site
RedHawk44
Member # 8485

posted 12-11-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for RedHawk44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I updated my site and added some files to the repaints so you can easily create a seperate aircraft for them. Sorry about the Camo repaint file, I had accidentally copied that file with the other zero paint. It's fixed now. http://www.geocities.com/cry_baby_killer
Now maybe I can paint some more planes. If you have any requests, just email me or send me a picture of what you want painted. I'll give it a try.

kverdon
Member # 347

posted 12-11-2000 06:36 PM     Profile for kverdon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a simple request. A SBD-2 in the 1942 Intermediate Blue/Lt. Grey scheme. It suspends immersion a bit to be flying at Coral Sea and see the SBD's in the 1943 Tri-color Scheme.

Thanks,

Kevin

Posts: 145 | From: Tigard, Oregon USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 12-11-2000 07:49 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RedHawk..great looking skins..some of the best I've seen. Keep up the good work!!
Posts: 40 | From: Middletown, CT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
RedHawk44
Member # 8485

posted 12-11-2000 08:18 PM     Profile for RedHawk44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
kverdon, ya gotta help me out a bit, and I'll paint it for ya. Either give me a pic or be more specific on how the paint scheme is. Thanks
kverdon
Member # 347

posted 12-12-2000 06:10 PM     Profile for kverdon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Redhawk,

The SBD scheme I'm talking about is the same one that the stock TBD-1 uses. Intermediate blue on the side and upper surfaces and Lt. Grey Undersides. National Insignia are all the large Blue Circle with White Star positioned Port/Starboard fusulage and on both upper and lower surfaces of both wings. The Unit markins would simply be a about 1/3 height black number like "8" forward of the National Insignia on both port and starboard sides of the aircraft. Black antiskid walkways on the upper surfaces of the wing where it joins the fuselage like on the TBD-1.

I'll try to round up a photo if you need it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks,

Kevin

Posts: 145 | From: Tigard, Oregon USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
RedHawk44
Member # 8485

posted 12-12-2000 09:10 PM     Profile for RedHawk44   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, your talkin about an almost entire repaint. That would be tough. I'm having a little trouble though. I opened the bmp file in the DXTbmp program for the dauntless. For some reason the whole lower left quarter is pink! And has a blue number 4 on it?!?!?! What is up with that, anyone know? I looked at the remaining 3 quarters and it looks to me like the pieces in that pink area are needed. I looked at the plane in the game, and the textures are fine. I dont know what the hell is wrong. But I have to fix that before I can even attempt this.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.