my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » FS2000 fighters in CFS2

Author Topic: FS2000 fighters in CFS2
MartinK
Member # 7795

posted 12-10-2000 10:12 AM     Profile for MartinK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought FS2000 aircraft were compatible with CFS2 but only a few of the ones I've imported actually work in CFS2, or appear at all. What do I need to do to make them compatible?

Martin

Posts: 33 | From: Sandefjord, Norway | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Essel
Member # 8011

posted 12-10-2000 11:13 AM     Profile for Essel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Missing sound files and panel gauge references are usually the problem...

Posts: 34 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 12-10-2000 06:35 PM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep - the big "gotcha" in many of the older plane designs is that they would "alias" to support sounds and panels instead of having their own --- when importing a plane to try, always go into the folders and look for aliases to other folders and files !!!!!

When I want to use an older plane, I usually make some stand alone files to get rid of the alias-ing trick...even if I just copy the originals into my new planes' folders. Keeps the headache levels down!!!!

Good Luck --- BB ----

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.