my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Bouncing plane

Author Topic: Bouncing plane
Mongooch
Member # 6856

posted 12-10-2000 03:08 AM     Profile for Mongooch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am pretty new to the sim and have noticed right off that the planes seem to bounce around. I have played with the elevator settings on my joystick and still no luck. Is this just the way it flys or is there a patch out there that deals with the flight model? Also, how do you get a campain flying the Corsair? Thanks in advance for your help.
Posts: 3 | From: Dayton, Nv., USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 12-10-2000 04:15 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1st-Make sure your flight model realism is set to Hard.
2nd-There are user-made flight models already out for some of the planes. If you like the Corsair, I can send you my favorite. You'll have to e-mail me.
3rd-I believe you can choose your plane before each mission. Not very realistic. The rest of the squad will be flying a different plane. Actually , I have a mini-campaign flying Corsairs being posted on another site hopefully any day now.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 12-10-2000 04:19 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to CFS2..

yes, the flight models for this game's a bit erhh.. well, like one guy said

CFS2 FM = LoL

but not to worry. There's a 3rd party patch for the FM by Wells. His latest version is Ver1.9. Unfortunately, both version 1.8 and 1.9 seem to give some wingman-crashing-at-takeoff problems (during campaign). But u could try ver 1.7. Should be fine. Do a search of "Wells" on this forum.

Some planes u don't get to fly in the campaign cos they had not entered service at the time of the campaign. Like the Corsair, Hellcat etc. But u can easily open the planes .dp files with Notepad and change the line that says "date enetered service" under [MISC DATA] to say 11/1/40 (which is same date for Wildcat). Its not historically correct but what the hell.

Also, if u wanna fly all the AI aircraft, go to Airbuddha's Hangar or CFS2 Online to download the amended .dp files. Replace the originals n u'll b able to fly them all.

check this http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2 http://cfs2.dogfighter.com/ http://thehangar.dogfighter.com/

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.