my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » OmegaCorner - second opinions

Author Topic: OmegaCorner - second opinions
Scooby33
Member # 7602

posted 12-09-2000 07:54 AM     Profile for Scooby33   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I followed some posts here a few weeks ago, and went to www.omegacorner.com to do some tweaking. Basically, all his suggestions had no effect on my machine, except to lower my modem download rate. Has anyone had any luck using his "tips." Also, he has instructions which say to put some old DOS commands in the config.sys file (e.g. HIMEM). This is contrary to everything I thought I knew about Win 98. Any opinions? Am I wasting my time using his tips?
Posts: 23 | From: Scarborough, Maine, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JV_44 Wilder
Member # 7646

posted 12-09-2000 10:10 AM     Profile for JV_44 Wilder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Omega has some great tweaked drivers for voodoo cards....his other tweaks are dubious I crashed my sys trying one of them.
Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
PGT
Member # 7967

posted 12-09-2000 11:24 AM     Profile for PGT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used Omega's settings for Cacheman and it notably reduced the stutter I get in CFS2.

That's the only tip I tried.

FR_1LT_OneWing
Member # 8301

posted 12-09-2000 04:58 PM     Profile for FR_1LT_OneWing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ive tried several of his tips and they worked great for me. Cacheman, xteq setup, and one of the internet speedup ones. it really did speed up my downloads by 1 to 2 KB per sec.

but im sure he could have a few duds there too.

Murph
Member # 7614

posted 12-09-2000 10:35 PM     Profile for Murph   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone have any problems with his V5 drivers?I've been tempted to try them but I don't know how to back up my registry first,which I've been warned to do.I emailed him to ask his advise on this but never got any response.Besides, my PC is marginal (AMD-K62 400,128Mgs RAM)and I'm not sure it will make that much difference for the possible risk involved.
Posts: 16 | From: Denver,CO,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scooby33
Member # 7602

posted 12-10-2000 05:33 AM     Profile for Scooby33   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah - I tried his drivers, and it was a no-loss, no gain result. In other words, I didn't notice an improvement in framerate, but it didn't hurt my PC either. He does provide very good instructions, so you should be all set if you follow them closely.
Posts: 23 | From: Scarborough, Maine, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.