my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Just got the Barkhorn patch

Author Topic: Just got the Barkhorn patch
dwitt
Member # 2844

posted 12-08-2000 05:53 AM     Profile for dwitt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was that the name? Anyway, how come now the whole campaign starts on Feb 20 or 22nd 1942 instead of back a wake island Dec. 8 1941?
Posts: 312 | From: alexandria, ky usa | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barkhorn1x
Member # 5615

posted 12-08-2000 07:22 AM     Profile for Barkhorn1x   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dwitt:

Yea, that's the name. Took it from Gerhard Barkhorn, 2nd highest scoring Luftwaffe ace w/ 301 victories.

Anyway, I only edited the missions, not the structure of the campaign. So Wake Island should still be there.

Regards,
Barkhorn.

Posts: 63 | From: Davie, FL, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
dwitt
Member # 2844

posted 12-08-2000 07:33 AM     Profile for dwitt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! Barkhorn. I have the greatest respect for those of you who can accomplish these feats. However last night after I downloaded your patch my beginning of the campaign was as I said, Feb 1942. I went back and started over a couple of times and each time the same result, Feb 1942. Should I reinstall/ download the patch? I know it was working, my wingmen were crashing into each other left and right. Am I the only one who isn't starting with Wake Island?

[This message has been edited by dwitt (edited 12-08-2000).]

Essel
Member # 8011

posted 12-08-2000 10:52 AM     Profile for Essel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dwitt,

Indeed, all missions are still there. The campaign file has four potential start missions: hn1a_usn, hn1b, hn1c and hn1d. I don't know if the system picks randomly, or w/ regards to your settings.

Personnally, all campaigns I flew started on Wake, and I had to edit the pilot file (yourname.LOG) in the "pilotlog" folder just after I had created a new pilot to see the altenative starts...

Posts: 34 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nimits
Member # 7442

posted 12-08-2000 12:22 PM     Profile for Nimits   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never had a campaign start on Wake, with ot without the realism mod.
dwitt
Member # 2844

posted 12-08-2000 12:47 PM     Profile for dwitt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't that interesting, I wonder if I reinstall CFS2 whether I would see Wake Island again anyway?
Private_Ryan
Member # 8012

posted 12-08-2000 04:36 PM     Profile for Private_Ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You could try a different difficult setting.
I started at Wake in medium difficulty, but not in easy. Funny.
But it is probably random, I guess.
Wingman crashing: give them one or two split commands right after take-off, and do not go into tight turns immediately.
Works for me...

Posts: 63 | From: Holland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.