my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Help! Cant Install game!

Author Topic: Help! Cant Install game!
Animal
Member # 283

posted 12-05-2000 06:03 AM     Profile for Animal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Specs:

Duron @ 1ghz
Asus AV7
256mb PC133
Voodoo 5 5500
ATA/66 WD Hard Disk
72x CD-Rom
DVD player

Windows ME
DirectX 8

I cant install this game or Crimson Skies. When I click SETUP, a warning message pops up with no text on it.

what the hell??

Posts: 115 | From: Puerto Rico | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
gatt
Member # 123

posted 12-05-2000 08:41 AM     Profile for gatt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Should be a driver conflict. The same window appeared to me after the installation of my new scanner. CFS2 was the only program that refused to run. I had to unistall the scanner drivers and then all was ok. Check for any DVD driver conflict. Good luck.
Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 12-05-2000 04:57 PM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, Been there done that twice actually! Go to Start/Shutdown/Restart in MS-Dos mode. At the c:\windows> Prompt, Type deltree c:\windows\temp Then hit enter and then type exit. Go back to windows and defrag, Then install the game.

[This message has been edited by Hunedog (edited 12-05-2000).]

Posts: 516 | From: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.