my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Squadron skins in campaign mode

Author Topic: Squadron skins in campaign mode
Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 12-02-2000 03:17 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Need some help/understanding. I'm starting a campaign right from the begginning flying a Wildcat. I'm flying a downloaded skin yet the rest of my squadron is flying Wildcats with the skin that came with the game. Is there anyway I can make my entire squadron in a campaign use the same skin I'm using? Can this even be done? It seems to work in "Quick Combat" but not in "Campaign". Any help would be appreciated.
Posts: 40 | From: Middletown, CT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Private_Ryan
Member # 8012

posted 12-02-2000 04:21 PM     Profile for Private_Ryan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, this is what I normally do, but perhaps there are better and faster ways...

I open up the .mis files in the campaigns (with notepad), scroll down to the section where it lists the aircraft, and change their names to exactly how they are named in your aircraft folder. Just type the ones you want to use
Each aircraft listed there represents a different flight, using stock aircraft.

You could also use the missionbuilder to edit the flights in the missions. You have to copy the campaignmissions into the mission folder though.
Its all a bit of work...

Hope this helps.

Posts: 63 | From: Holland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 12-02-2000 04:25 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Private..I'll give it a go!!
Posts: 40 | From: Middletown, CT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
hottdog
Member # 7698

posted 12-02-2000 10:38 PM     Profile for hottdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ryan your idea is a good one, ezkill has a site dedicated to squad paint jobs check it out.. http://web.tiscalinet.it/easykill/downloads/downloads.htm
Posts: 33 | From: Arlington, Virgina | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.