my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Help with ditching

Author Topic: Help with ditching
Screamin'Eagle
Member # 7469

posted 12-02-2000 07:08 AM     Profile for Screamin'Eagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know if it is possible to alter the floatation/ditching properties of a/c? I downloaded Ian Boys' "Recon in Force" mission:
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~ianboys/cfs2mis.htm

with this came a very good Catalina, however, there is one problem - it doesn't float which sort of defeats the point of it. Can anyone help?

Cheers
Screamin'Eagle

Posts: 17 | From: Taunton, Somerset, England | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Essel
Member # 8011

posted 12-02-2000 05:55 PM     Profile for Essel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I even experimented with a Float Beaver from FS2k (available at flighsim.com), to no avail. Looked at dps, cfgs, ship cfgs to spot differences; no luck. As far as I know, nothing that flies can float in CFS2 stock scenery.
That said, I remember a post from awhile back stating that the Crete addon scenery has landable water around the island (from memory) so it's doable, but not without an additionnal scenery layer.

nibbio, are you out of things to do yet? hehe

Essel

Posts: 34 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
OSOK
Member # 7772

posted 12-02-2000 06:22 PM     Profile for OSOK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i believe the trick in it is on the water texture... im not too sure, but i think this has been discussed before, try doing a search
Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 12-03-2000 06:11 AM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ditched planes float for a few seconds and then sink, so there must be something that controls how the plane floats/sinks.
Hoping for better ditching
Wasp

------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid
http://www.raf123uk.co.uk/

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wright
Member # 3550

posted 12-03-2000 07:38 AM     Profile for Ken Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got an Emily and a F1M2 floatplane on my CFS2 that look really nice but could do with some sort of 'float' instruction - especially that F1M2 as it has no u/c at all and look distinctly weird taking off from land on one float

Do you think there may be some sort of editable command line that controls the rate of sinking? Is so it would be great if it could be stopped after a foot or so.

Cheers

------------------
They mostly come at night .... mostly

Posts: 89 | From: Leicester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.