my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » SO MS READS THESE EH??

Author Topic: SO MS READS THESE EH??
FR_1LT_OneWing
Member # 8301

posted 11-30-2000 04:03 PM     Profile for FR_1LT_OneWing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok first let me say how sorry i am about the slamming that Mr Hatfield recieved on the zone last night. it was kinda ruff. If you dont look at the multiplayer flaws, they really have turned out a top notch product in CFS2.

Second i would like to relay my personal wishes for CFS3.

1. Leave the graphics and sound and terrain exactly as they are in CFS2. dont make us buy 1.5 Ghz puters to play it.

2. Completely overhaul the multiplayer aspect of the game. a) eliminate the CDP and autofollow cheats b) DONT allow CFS1 and CFS2 planes to pass restrict c) make Coop missions possible against AI opponents c) make it possible to start different teams at seperate airfields, or flying together in formation ala BRUNHOST in CFS1 (as a matter of fact incorporating ALL the BRUNHOST options would be a good idea eg. No radar lock games etc.) d) make a couple of the AI bombers flyable from the get go and allow them to pass restrict in MP.e) make the setting of fuel and ammo loads ACTUALLY work ala CFS1.

thats all i can think of at present. follow the above and you have created the perfect CFS3.

ramstein
Member # 5667

posted 11-30-2000 04:09 PM     Profile for ramstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can shorten up all that with look how EAW did a lot for that game and stuff, and do that. And also how the addons were made and updates and do those. Re: Multiplayer, anti-cheats, etc.

Posts: 71 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-30-2000 04:15 PM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, with a Mediterranean/North African theatre, and lots of Italian aircraft.
(hey I can dream, no?)
Ciao,
nibbio

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
FR_1LT_OneWing
Member # 8301

posted 11-30-2000 04:59 PM     Profile for FR_1LT_OneWing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh, i forgot this one :

3. the AI STILL need ALOT of work

Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 12-01-2000 10:57 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, I seem to remember people making similar requests for CFS2, and receiving promises that all would be well...and look what we got, the Airfix kit of flight-sims.
Posts: 226 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JETninja
Member # 1400

posted 12-01-2000 11:53 PM     Profile for JETninja   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agree with all except Autofollow....there should just maybe a way to be notified when it's in use (pretty obvious though!)

We have weekend missions....quite often with 20+ people connected.....using Brunhost you are put into the game at a preselected base on the ground engine off, for each side (Axis/Allies), can be hundeds of miles apart to start the game. Brunhost will also handle targets, say buildings, Tanks, etc...that have a .dp so they can shoot back, but also explode when attacked. Or using CFO you select a pre saved flight....after entering the game. You end up at the base you had saved a flight for earlier. Same thing, both sides at thier respective bases. We use RW for private radio...each side has own IP for it. So you start the mission, 100 miles into it, you lose connection! (it happens!) !^%#!^@#^!$^%!#% You are re-entered at your starting base....do you try to catch up..not possible....everyone saw you had lost connection, put out a message to all, "will AF to team"...you AF to where you were before...No Harm done.....

If used incorrectly in say a FFA, yes that is wrong....warn once! Then boot the offending individual.

But the reason for our site is we all know each other. No one would cheat, too much peer pressure!

AF is a great tool when used correctly.....

For more on Brunhost http://gunsjammed.homestead.com/

CFO - www.cfsops.com

Our missions are very emmersive and can last 4-6 hours sometimes.....lot of tactics, advanced planning....we always give a week headsup for planning and posting the side you will join.

Thats why 99% of my flyong is online.....

FYI - I have the entire Tucker Chat posted at my site....with lots of dialog...good reading....in the General Forum....

Cheers!
www.cfsipgames.com

------------------
Der Gabelschwanz Teufel!
The Fork-Tailed Devil!

JET

Posts: 174 | From: SoCal, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 12-02-2000 03:20 AM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someone made the point on another thread that MS have little incentive to improve multi-play in the CFS series when they already HAVE a pure on-line only (and subscription paying) WW2 flight sim in Fighter Ace 2.

The on-line CFS players are just so small number (dedicated, but small) compared with the total number of purchasers I just can't see them busting a gut to deliver a better MP product.

As to CFS 3, my money would be on a "present day" sim based around everything in the USAF/US Navy inventory, with the Eurofighter, Su27 and MiG29 thrown in. Second guess would be a re-run of CFS (European Theatre) - in which case I suspect that 1.5GHz (at least) might be a good idea..

Posts: 246 | From: Torpoint, Cornwall, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
FR_1LT_OneWing
Member # 8301

posted 12-02-2000 06:55 AM     Profile for FR_1LT_OneWing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok fair enough JET about the autofollow i see your point. perhaps then maybe a check box on the MP otions screen allowing or disallowing it then.

probably just pissing in the wind here but its fun to dream.

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 12-02-2000 12:10 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Herston,

If I remember correctly, somewhere in the chat, Hatfield said that CFS3 will have 'props'.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 12-02-2000 02:44 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I really don't see why CFS3 would feature modern jets- that means new systems, avionics, weapons...why bother when you can just improve the previous offering and sell half a million copies?
Seawolf
Member # 1787

posted 12-02-2000 06:37 PM     Profile for Seawolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To answer that I personally think people are tired of WWII sims. Don't get me wrong I like flying Mustangs, and Corsairs but to make a GOOD Viet Nam era sim with F4s and Migs or even a good Korean sim with Navy aircraft such as Cougars, Panthers, and Migs and have full Carrier ops. It would sell like hotcakes.

I would like to see a company come out with something we have never had before like the Av8b for example. Imagine what a Harrier sim would do.
There are so many aircraft to make a sim out of it's crazy. Whatever it is it has to be done right and as hardcore as possible (detailed).
Why companies try to attract Quakers to play flight sims I'll never know. Let them play quake and let us fly the sims!

Posts: 1322 | From: Clearwater, Fl. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 12-02-2000 08:45 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd love a Korean sim with USN aircraft. For some reason I skipped Mig Alley but a Panther/Cougar would be great
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 12-02-2000 09:15 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO DAMNIT A WWI SIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And maybe some more Eastern Front WWII sims would be good too! There has ben what? One WWII Eastern Front sim... and its not even out yet! (Il-2)

The last descent WWI sims were Red Baron II and Flying Corps Gold... And SDOE has some nice WWI planes BUT it wasnt a stock WWI sim...

Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kanine_Wsivelod
Member # 7950

posted 12-03-2000 08:56 AM     Profile for Kanine_Wsivelod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, my hope is more of a dream then an expectation. I had thought of a wwII sim where almost every important plane was modeled.....in every model that was used. Every theatre was modeled too....That included all of Africa, India, Europe, Japan, the Pacific, The USA (just for fictional missions), Mediterranian, and the Atlantic. The amount of planes that came to mind after about 2 hours of thought( told ya it was more of dream ) was 237. That included almost every version of the B-24, B-17, Lancaster. B-25, P-51,38,47,Spitfire, including naval variants. God, how I thought it would be great.

And campaigns,(not historical, but fun, and unscripted like AOTP ) for everone of those planes. I remember how one would start a campaign way in the beginning of the war in a P-40, and go into variants of the 39s, 47s, 51s, and 38s, and maybe even the 80 if the war lasted long enough. (ya know, if the bomb wasn't dropped and we had to invade)

An easy as hell mission builder would compliment it as an essential item to help us help ouselves. The reason for all of this being included would be to have the ability to simulate ALL of the countres invlolved air involvment, where ever they were involved.

Anyways, The number of planes i had in mind were too many to list, but if anyone wants it for some reason or another, just e-mail me and i'll send it.

Ty,
Oscar

------------------
No bee-sting hurt as much as adolesence.- Twas' I who said that.
I am a dork, I don't try to be cool; it just doesn't work out.- Dave Grohl
Mom: Oscar, son, will you ever stop spending ALL of your time on those flying games?!?!
Me: Never say never, but probably never......

Posts: 13 | From: Houston, Texas, United States | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 12-03-2000 02:25 PM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I vote for a Vietnam war sim. So many great planes and I don't think there's ever been sim that was dedicated to that era.
Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.