my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Canopy Control for P-40K

Author Topic: Canopy Control for P-40K
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 11-29-2000 04:34 PM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just loaded up Burno's P-40K aircraft and it is a ball to fly. However, my normal canopy control "Shift-C" does not work on this aircraft despite the damage/message notes saying that the canopy is opening or closing. anyone get the canopy to work on this bird?

Also I loaded the P-47D and it's canopy doesn't want to respond either although it closes itself once the engine is started.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Posts: 310 | From: Fort Worth, TX USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 11-29-2000 05:01 PM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try "YY" (letter Y twice quickly), worked for me.
Posts: 1130 | From: Salinas, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 11-29-2000 07:25 PM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thaks HarryM, I'll give it a try!

Nope - didn't work for me! Shift-C opens the other canopies but not this one, neither does YY. Anyone else with a suggestion?

Also, are there movable flaps on this model?

[This message has been edited by Speedbrake (edited 11-29-2000).]

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-30-2000 12:10 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
open canopy isn't animated on addons.
HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 11-30-2000 12:39 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just tried again and it worked. Were you in the air when you tried? Seems like you have to be in the air doesn't close if you're sitting on the runway. Once flying you can't open it again unless you are back on the ground.
Speedbrake
Member # 2011

posted 11-30-2000 07:18 AM     Profile for Speedbrake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hummmm, HarryM what keypad setup are you using?

I've tried it on the ground, and in the air. I've even tried it upside down.
I do not like you, canopy I am!

LOL!

What was described as far as the canopy closing fits with what I see on the P-47D add-on. The canopy is open on the ground then closed in flight. I didn't notice but it may have closed when I started the engine.

HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 11-30-2000 09:23 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Default (CFS2) setup, haven't modified any keys.

The "Y" command also invokes skew mode, so it is doing double duty for me when flying the P-40.

buz13
Member # 546

posted 11-30-2000 09:24 AM     Profile for buz13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YY works for me in the air to close the P40 cockpit. Once closed it will not open again.....but I haven't tried it when back on the ground. YY does not work on the ground to close the cockpit.
Posts: 385 | From: Seattle, WA USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.